Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Renewal taking forever?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 am 

So far my renewal is 100 days and counting. Getting the permit 3 years ago took about 30 days. Anyone seeing similar?

Post subject: Re: Renewal taking forever?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:16 am 

A friend of mine rec'd his in approximately 6 weeks. I think he turned in his paperwork in February sometime.

I turned mine in about a week ago and the nice lady at the prothonotary's office said to look for it by 5/31'ish.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:02 pm 
Founding Member

You're covered even if it comes AFTER 5/31. 1442

When I renew I take original and 2 copies. They get original and a copy. I ask them to time stamp and attach receipt to my copy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 am 

I turned mine in 2/1, had the renewal in hand 2/22.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm 

Yeah my brother and cousin turned their renewal apps in late (1st week of June) and the lady at the prothonotary's office told them to keep their receipt on hand in case they ran into any issues with LEO. She told them that even though they were expired, as long as they had that receipt the license would still be valid until the judge approved/denied the renewal. I'm not sure if that's legally accurate but that's what the prothonotary's office told them. They had their new licenses like the 2nd week of July... it was just after my birthday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:39 am 
Founding Member

It's good info from them
http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.shtml

§ 1442 Carrying a concealed deadly weapon; class G felony; class D felony.

A person is guilty of carrying a concealed deadly weapon when the person carries concealed a deadly weapon upon or about the person without a license to do so as provided by § 1441 of this title.

Carrying a concealed deadly weapon is a class G felony, unless the deadly weapon is a firearm, in which case it is a class D felony.

It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of § 1441 of this title, where:

(1) The license has expired,

(2) The person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and

(3) The offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the court.