If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #101305  by TexasJay

Hey folks. I'm a Delaware red card guard (armed security) and am wondering if the training course needed for that would cover CCDW app? Initially I decided against getting a CCDW permit but I found out I'll be here at least another 18 months so I want to go ahead and apply. I asked my red card instructor and he said it wouldn't cover the requirements but I'm thinking he is just trying to suck more money out of me.
 #101309  by MrCoolDale

He was correct. The Delaware Red Card course is a basic armed security course with little-to-no attention on concealment and self-defense laws. The NRA Concealed Carry course (approved for Delaware) deals more with personal responsibility, self-defense, and other applicable laws. You will need another course for your DE CCDW.
 #101313  by TexasJay

MrCoolDale wrote:He was correct. The Delaware Red Card course is a basic armed security course with little-to-no attention on concealment and self-defense laws. The NRA Concealed Carry course (approved for Delaware) deals more with personal responsibility, self-defense, and other applicable laws. You will need another course for your DE CCDW.
Dang :/ I was hoping that somewhere in a 40 hour course they would take care of that.
 #101354  by Tate

Hey Texasjay if you don't mind telling where exactly are you armed security, I currently poses a Delaware Red card working for Dunbar Armored. Looking for something new.
 #104225  by waleed121

Second, the fingerprinting must be done and turned in with your application, references, photos, etc. The 45 days that you are speaking of is that the fingerprinting, once done, is only VALID for 45 days. This is why I recommend to my students to get the fingerprinting done last.