If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #103531  by jacjr93

Like the title says, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed when I try to put the process of applying for a concealed carry license in order (What steps to take first). Would someone be kind enough to share the easiest way to go about this process, it would be greatly appreciated. :D
 #103532  by soundman2345

Just off the top of my head :
1) Fill out application (get notarized)
2) Obtain 5 references
3) Schedule fingerprints ( or walk in at Dover)
4) Newspaper ad
5) 2 photos (1.5" X 1.5")
6) Training - You can either do it now and send in with the package or wait until you have been
approved. (I sent mine in with the package)
7) Make 2 copies of everything. Send in originals and 1 copy, keep the other copy for your
records.
8) Either hand deliver to the prothonotary or mail package "Return Receipt Requested". Don't
forget the check.

I hope I didn't leave anything out. Good luck.
 #103533  by Kuntryboy816

IMO, you should register and take the CCDW class. Any instructor worth their salt will not only teach you the required information but also walk you through the process and line out everything you'll need to do in order to successfully petition for your CCDW. If you are looking for a class, I have an excellent recommendation I can give you. Just shoot me a message and I will get you the details.