If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #105581  by Bullpup

References were the biggest obstacle for me, too, not having lived in DE very long. I was reluctant to use DELOC members because I thought that using someone I hadn't known for long might be an issue.

Eventually, I worked up the nerve to start asking people. I prefaced the question by telling them I wanted to ask a favor, but that if they weren't comfortable with it I'd understand. I then explained what I wanted them to do, telling them the application process was quite rigorous and included a thorough background check, fingerprinting, and references. I finished with a qualifier to the effect of "I thought you'd make a good reference" (that seemed to help).

I ended up using 2 neighbors, my realtor, and 2 moms from my kids' school! No one that I asked refused.
 #105582  by Deast

The nice part is if they write a bad reference you just file it in the can and get another...
 #105584  by LiftNw8

Right now I can't, I am a bit far away from home.
 #105587  by DuramaxLLY7

If the site I read on the application process stated it I must have over read it but on the 5 references for the CCW app, are they allowed to be relatives? and can a husband and wifeboth be individual references? Wife and I still have a few months until I am home and we move across the bridge but I am trying to get a head start and get references ready. If relatives are allowed I already have 3 lined up :pbjtime: . Hope its not dropped back down to 1 :banghead:
 #105588  by nphocus

I'm pretty sure it says no spouses. As long as the relatives don't have the same last name you are probably okay.
 #105595  by Boots

nphocus wrote:I'm pretty sure it says no spouses. As long as the relatives don't have the same last name you are probably okay.
I don't think that's good advice. "May not be related" covers more than last names. Many of your relatives will have a different last name; a married sister or a mother-in-law for example.
Check out the form...

http://courts.delaware.gov/forms/download.aspx?ID=33218
 #105723  by BULLBOYKENNELS

hukuzatuna wrote:I'm in the same boat in NCC, along with the rest of ya. Looking forward to meetups to, I hope, meet some people who would vouch for me.

Phil
I have that issue too mainly everyone I know in NCC DE is my family so to find 5 people is almost a mission impossible for me as well.
 #105724  by 2xTony

I know it sounds bad but out of the people i know the intersection of those with clean criminal back grounds and who are also pro-gun in my life was very small. I had a girl ive known for over a decade straight up tell me no because she didnt believe in people walking around with guns...
 #107045  by Whitetail

I know this topic is old but i did not want to repeat the same question.

I am a new member, i have been wanting to get my ccdw permit for sometime now. I am seeing that a good bit of people have the same problem getting all the references. Most of the people i know are in some forum related to me or do not live in the same County. I live in new castle county "newark".

I was wondering what has help you to get the required references.

Thanks
Joe