If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #106688  by cmath

Awesome. Thanks for info fellas. One last question.. I don't really like to go anywhere without carrying (depending on location) But my question is this, would it be a bad idea to have my firearm with me while I go up there? And by with me, I mean while in p.a on the way there-have it secured properly and empty in the safe I have located in the back of my cab? Once I have ltcf on way home, I'd have it on me.. Or should I just leave it at home?
 #106690  by Kuntryboy816

Not at all an issue. If you're transporting according to PA law then you're perfectly fine. Once you have that LTCF then you're sitting even better. Just don't try and take it into the courthouse with ya! :troll:
 #106692  by pick_six

went to lancaster co sherriff office!!! approved in 3 minutes!!!

took a total of 25 to get the laminated card and out the door!!!

dont know it having my home state was required, but i did have it.

i put it on their desk at 1023, and @ 1026 the guy behind the counter said approved, and wait for the picture/id. the picture is taken right there. walking on the street, to the parking deck, at 1047. THATS FAST!
 #106694  by Boots

pick_six wrote:... dont know it having my home state was required, but i did have it ....
It is... that's one of their requirements for those living out of state. Also, that's why people from NJ and MD cannot get a PA LTCF.
 #106695  by cmath

So I just got back from the Lancaster county sheriffs office and did not have a good experience. I had all documents already filled out, paid the 20 and sat down next to some other people waiting. Over the next 25-30mins about half a dozen or so people came in, got approved, had their pictures taken and left. I was still sitting there. Finally a gentlemen called my name, followed by "denied" I couldn't believe my ears. I asked why, how, HUH? I'm a Delaware permit holder so how could I be denied in pa? I've been into pa maybe 2-3time in the past 5 years, and have never had any negative experiences while in Pennsylvania. He gave me no explanation as to why I was denied, just a challenge form to fill out and mail in. So that's what I'm doing, filing it out and sending it in. I'm assuming it was maybe a clerical error or something, not sure. But what a waist of a day.
 #106698  by BULLBOYKENNELS

pick_six wrote:went to lancaster co sherriff office!!! approved in 3 minutes!!!

took a total of 25 to get the laminated card and out the door!!!

dont know it having my home state was required, but i did have it.

i put it on their desk at 1023, and @ 1026 the guy behind the counter said approved, and wait for the picture/id. the picture is taken right there. walking on the street, to the parking deck, at 1047. THATS FAST!

I remember when I went to get mines done I was there on a Thursday just before they opened the door. No one else was there yet. I was done in 10 minutes flat & still no one else was there even when I walked out. I was like yes this must have been the best timing ever to get it done. This was done like within the past two weeks or less. Cause I just did mines recently as well.

BTW congrats & enjoy. Also I'm originally from West Chester PA that is where I grew up at so most of my family is still there. So getting the PA license is well worth it to me.
 #106703  by Kuntryboy816

cmath wrote:So I just got back from the Lancaster county sheriffs office and did not have a good experience. I had all documents already filled out, paid the 20 and sat down next to some other people waiting. Over the next 25-30mins about half a dozen or so people came in, got approved, had their pictures taken and left. I was still sitting there. Finally a gentlemen called my name, followed by "denied" I couldn't believe my ears. I asked why, how, HUH? I'm a Delaware permit holder so how could I be denied in pa? I've been into pa maybe 2-3time in the past 5 years, and have never had any negative experiences while in Pennsylvania. He gave me no explanation as to why I was denied, just a challenge form to fill out and mail in. So that's what I'm doing, filing it out and sending it in. I'm assuming it was maybe a clerical error or something, not sure. But what a waist of a day.
I still can't believe it.... something doesn't sound right and I'm glad they gave you a way to challenge the ruling. I haven't heard of anyone getting denied for their LTCF until you sent me that text!

I didn't think of this yesterday but post your experience over on PAFOA and see if anyone there might be able to shed some light on the situation. It'll be interesting to see what they say as well as what PA's reply is. Just remember, you can still OC in PA if you need to. You just have to unload and secure it while driving. Here's to hoping they change their minds on this!
 #106716  by Boots

Kuntryboy816 wrote:... You just have to unload and secure it while driving.
I don't know where you got that info, but his DE CCDW will cover him carrying a loaded gun in his car while in PA (Actually ANY states concealed license/permit will do). Out of the car he must be OC only.
 #106717  by Boots

cmath wrote:So I just got back from the Lancaster county sheriffs office and did not have a good experience. I had all documents already filled out, paid the 20 and sat down next to some other people waiting. Over the next 25-30mins about half a dozen or so people came in, got approved, had their pictures taken and left. I was still sitting there. Finally a gentlemen called my name, followed by "denied" I couldn't believe my ears. I asked why, how, HUH? I'm a Delaware permit holder so how could I be denied in pa? I've been into pa maybe 2-3time in the past 5 years, and have never had any negative experiences while in Pennsylvania. He gave me no explanation as to why I was denied, just a challenge form to fill out and mail in. So that's what I'm doing, filing it out and sending it in. I'm assuming it was maybe a clerical error or something, not sure. But what a waist of a day.
In order to get a PA LTCF, an out-of-state resident must have a license/permit from their home state and then be able to pass a NICS and a PICS check. What most people don't realize is that a PICS check is more involved than a NICS check.

The person that told you that you were denied does NOT know why you were denied, just that you were. Just follow the procedure you were given and you will be getting a letter from PA with the details. At that time you can determine the best course of action.

The procedure does take some time because it involves snail-mail. Either you got caught by a stricter requirement of PICS, or it could just be missing or erroneous info stuck in the system.

Best Wishes on getting this straightened out. (And, PAFOA.org is an excellent resource!)
 #106722  by Kuntryboy816

Boots wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:... You just have to unload and secure it while driving.
I don't know where you got that info, but his DE CCDW will cover him carrying a loaded gun in his car while in PA (Actually ANY states concealed license/permit will do). Out of the car he must be OC only.
Brain fart! Thanks for the clarification on that. :oops: