If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #106872  by Mike

Hello, just curious, what are some of you using in the "Reason for requesting a CCDW" section of the DE CCDW application? Just curious to see what flies for a reason other than the usual 'It's my 2nd Ammendment right!'. Tha KS in advance.
Mike
 #106875  by GatorDude

Resident Judge Witham has stated that the statute only requires that you state that you want one for the 'protection of self or others.' And that's all you need to say.
 #106883  by myopicvisionary

"For protection of family and self in the absence of police." Good enough for my initial application as well as renewal.
 #106895  by Mike

Thanks all. I'll keep mine short and sweet then.
 #106899  by josephjanes

See my post under "New Members" 10-19-15 -- I attended a DASAL (Del. Atty. for 2A) legal seminar in Oct. 2015. The 2 judges who spoke were VERY specific that they were looking for short, to-the-point answers -- specifically "to protect myself (or 'my person') , my family, and my property". Or just simply mimic what you see in the legal notice in the newspaper "for the protection of my person(s), or property, or both. They gave a specific example of what they do NOT want, from an actual application -- " I go to the NCC Farmer's Market on weekends and carry a lot of cash".
Also suggest that when you give out your references, you have your name and address already filled out , then make copies, to make it easier for them, then attach same short reason for them to fill in their own handwriting. Ask them not to put in any B.S. Judges like everything straightforward, and you need to play to your audience.
Good Luck !!