If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #107935  by Bullpup

If I've submitted my CCDW renewal application, but I don't receive my license before my current one expires, can I still carry concealed until I receive it? I think I remember this being mention in another thread, but I can't find it.

Thanks!
 #107936  by Trapper

You are good until you receive a denial!

A person is guilty of carrying a concealed deadly weapon when the person carries concealed a deadly weapon upon or about the person without a license to do so as provided by § 1441 of this title. Carrying a concealed deadly weapon is a class G felony, unless the deadly weapon is a firearm, in which case it is a class D felony.

It shall be a defense that the defendant has been issued an otherwise valid license to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to terms of § 1441 of this title, where:

(1) The license has expired,

(2) The person had applied for renewal of said license within the allotted time frame prior to expiration of the license, and

(3) The offense is alleged to have occurred while the application for renewal of said license was pending before the court.

11 Del. C. 1953, § 1442; 58 Del. Laws, c. 497, § 1; 59 Del. Laws, c. 547, § 13; 67 Del. Laws, c. 130, § 8; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1; 77 Del. Laws, c. 313, §§ 1, 6.;
 #107939  by whatevah

Trapper wrote:I would recommend keeping a copy of the receipt from the prothonotary's office that you applied. That is what I did until I received my renewal.

Here is the actual link..

http://www.delcode.delaware.gov/title11 ... shtml#1441

Scroll down to 1442..
I did the same thing, kept the receipt in my wallet until the new card arrived. I think the prothonotary actually recommended it.
 #107946  by NCC

GREAT question (and responses)! Thanks for posting it.
 #107947  by myopicvisionary

I just turned in my renewal today. In and out of the Prothonotary's office in ten minutes.
 #107960  by Bullpup

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I printed section 1442 of the code, and I have that and the receipt in my wallet.
 #107964  by brich2929

What's current wait time on renewals? I have one pending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #107968  by soundman2345

I turned mine in Feb 10, and got it in 48 days.