If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #108852  by GatorDude

Resident Judge Witham was on a panel at the seminar. Judge Witham is very pro-2A. However, he made some comments that I think might be of interest to you folks.

1. The three resident judges (one in each county) have essentially adopted the same
standards for review and granting/denying applications.

2. One general policy is that an applicant should be a resident of Delaware for at least a year
and the "6 month rule" for witnesses does exist to some extent.

3. If you were not a resident for a year or do not have character references who are Delaware
residents that you have known for at least 6 months, you can include with your application
letters from where you previously lived (that you've known for a while) about your
character, etc. This could assist you as exceptions are made to the "rule." Judge Witham
specifically mentioned one applicant in NCCo that was approved who was only in Delaware
for a month but submitted character reference letters from the Sheriff (or similar law
enforcement) where he previously lived.

As an aside, I question the constitutionality of "requiring" a year of residence, etc. I find that a bit troublesome. If anyone is denied solely for that reason (meaning they do not have any criminal record whatsoever or other issues), I'd love to hear about it.
 #108853  by Boots

Was there no mention of people moving into DE that were current holders of CCPs?

IMHO, having two out-of-state character references, along with a license/permit from their previous home state, or even non-resident licenses/permits, should be enough for a judge to approve a DE CCDW.
 #108856  by GatorDude

Should be, but the question is would it be.

Boots wrote:Was there no mention of people moving into DE that were current holders of CCPs?

IMHO, having two out-of-state character references, along with a license/permit from their previous home state, or even non-resident licenses/permits, should be enough for a judge to approve a DE CCDW.