If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
  by claymore

A technical question for the forum:

I finally obtained the last of my necessary 5 affidavits and I am preparing the package for submittal of my CCW application.
I had my notice posted in the paper and my fingerprints are taken.

While doing this I realized that my oldest affidavit was from February and my CCW course paperwork is from January 2016

So the question is , while my newspaper ad and fingerprints are within time limits does the State have an elapsed time limit between the actual class and submitting the package? I know if you submit the app first there is a max time to take the physical class, but I cant determine if the reverse is true.

Any advice from the membership would be greatly appreciated

Martin
  by Amy Blackthorn

You have two years from the time your course certificate says you did the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  by claymore

I am very pleased to inform that my DE CCDW arrived today.

Submitted on 20 Oct 2016 and approval letter dated 29 Dec 2016

69 days + 7 days to deliver - Outstanding because at the time of my submission I was told " ..it will be all of 6 months before you get an answer"

My only gripe is they could have done the issue on 3 January so the expiration date would have been 2020 instead of 2019! The letter states it expires 31 May 2019, 3 years from the year granted So this is truly valid for only 2 years 5 months.
Oh well
Next step is to take a day off work to get over to Lancaster and secure my PA CCW

Now I have the itch to go buy an addition to the collection to celebrate!! 8-)
  by airman1968

claymore wrote:I am very pleased to inform that my DE CCDW arrived today.

69 days + 7 days to deliver - Outstanding because at the time of my submission I was told " ..it will be all of 6 months before you get an answer"

My only gripe is they could have done the issue on 3 January so the expiration date would have been 2020 instead of 2019! The letter states it expires 31 May 2019, 3 years from the year granted So this is truly valid for only 2 years 5 months.
Oh well
Next step is to take a day off work to get over to Lancaster and secure my PA CCW

That was quick.. What county??
  by claymore

airman1968 wrote:
claymore wrote:I am very pleased to inform that my DE CCDW arrived today.

Oh well

That was quick.. What county??
New Castle