If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #111421  by ptlion

I finally submitted my CCDW application in New Castle county on June 20th. I was told that it would be up to 6 months. I took my class instruction at Marino Tactical (I highly recommend!!!). Now the wait begins!!!!!!
 #111478  by pick_six

When you first turn in, it seems like the wait will be so long.

BLINK.

There it is. My last local renewal was 3 calender months, door to door. Metro on 3-14, my house 6-14.

The state here is limited to 120 days, by law. They used to take 119, 112 to process and mail usually arriving 7 days later, for 119.

The 3 months is viewed as an improvement.

I wish all states were like my last PA adventure. Under 30m in/out.
 #111487  by josephjanes

I'm trying to figure out numbering system for County and State, and # of licenses issued.
If you don't mind, when you get yours, could you post, or PM me. General number is fine, such as " N1800098xx" or "N1800201xx", assuming your in New Castle County.
Number for Kent or Sussex would be great, too. Hope you don't mind, but as a recent recipient (soon, I hope), you're a perfect "guinea pig". Thanks !! Correction - I probably should have said "most knowledgeable" about numbering system, rather than 'guinea pig'. Thanks !! And Good Luck !!
 #111496  by Boots

pick_six wrote:...
The state here is limited to 120 days, by law. They used to take 119, 112 to process and mail usually arriving 7 days later, for 119.
??? Please explain.
 #111497  by pick_six

where i am, by law, .gov has 120 days to approve or deny. they are SHALL issue.

they drag their feet, usually. going as close to 120 as they can.

when i got my first permit in 2013, it was 119 days door to door. that time was 112 days from submission to approval. and the permit arrived via snail mail @ home, on day 119

i renewed this year, and it was exactly 3 calendar months door-2-door mar 14 - jun 14.

we are about the same as delaware for doing a permit, except the newspaper ad and letter from references. 8hr class for first timers, 4hr for a renewal. super simple shooting requirement.

the office i work in has about +/- 30 people. about 12 or so have or are waiting for cc pemits.

when we took the class this march, all together we had a bulk discount, there were about 20 or so people. coworkers and friends/family of. several folks could not attend due to work. it was actually pretty cool. we had father/daughter, son/father/sister, friends.

4 of us turned in paperwork the within 3 days of each other. permits arrived at same interval.

several others turned in about a month later. the folks who turned in paperwork the following month took about 105 days d2d. maybe summer vacations slowed down metro. one of these guys just got his late last week.

and it's quite a contrast from my trip to PA a couple years ago. under 30 minutes in/out with permit in hand.
Boots wrote:
pick_six wrote:...
??? Please explain.
 #111499  by Boots

pick_six wrote:where i am, by law, .gov has 120 days to approve or deny. they are SHALL issue.
You haven't filled out the location field in your profile. So, where are you located?
 #111531  by ptlion

Week 8 and counting! Now tell me again why below the canal is called "slower" Delaware?
 #111532  by NCC