If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #33321  by T3Dice

Has anyone ever noticed that the Delaware State Seal on the CCDW license is not accurate. On the Official State Seal (and the DE State Flag) there are two men. The one on the left is a Farmer (with a red shirt) holding a hoe. The one on the right is a Soldier (with a Green uniform) holding a rifle.

On the CCDW there are the two men but the color of their clothes is wrong. The Soldier is wearing Red and the Farmer is wearing Green. If my memory serves, during the years listed on the seal, a RED uniform was a British Soldier.

Any ideas on why the CCDW switched the colors?

p.s. (I tried to upload the images but had difficulty. Look at your CCDW then Google DE State Seal images)
 #33323  by stephpd

Very interesting. Never paid any attention to it but you are right.

What the hell is a redcoat doing there with arms? :?
 #33328  by Boots

Hmmm...

#33330  by cappilot06

I have a Redcoat on mine too! Guess those Kindergarteners that are putting them together haven't gotten that far in history class yet to know the difference. :(
 #33333  by scampbell3

The state seal on mine is Black & White. Then again, my last renewal was in 2008.

Chip
 #33337  by cappilot06

scampbell3 wrote:The state seal on mine is Black & White. Then again, my last renewal was in 2008.

Chip
Mine wasn't a renewal, it was my original application issued CCDW but it was in 2008. It has the soldier in a red uniform.
 #33338  by scampbell3

Then I feel cheated, I did not get the state seal in color. I quess the judges kid ran out of crayons when they put mine together.
:poed:

Chip
 #33345  by stephpd

2008 must have been a bad year.

Both my original form 2007 and the renewal from 2009 have the colors backwards.

The rest of it's kinda blurry and hard to see if there's any color but the jackets are definitely wrong.
 #106077  by T3Dice

As an update to this old post.

I've had my initial DE CCDW and two renewals. All of which have the wrong state seal on them. It took me 5 years, so I finally got around to writing a letter to the NCC Prothonotary to ask the question.

They responded and thanked me for bringing this oversight to their attention. As of 6/2015 all permits will be issued in NCC with the new Drivers License type card (with the correct State Seal)

Since Kent and Sussex counties have not implemented the New card process yet, the correct State Seal image has been sent to them to be printed on any CCDW's issued after 9/1/15.

It was mentioned on this forum that some CCDW's have a black and white state seal. Apparently, NCC has been using the wrong image (the Red Soldier and Green Farmer) on their cards for years...... unknowingly.

They even sent me the New card for free and thanked me on behalf of the Court.
 #106090  by Boots

I thought it was on purpose to spot CCDW forgeries because a forgery would have the colors of the seal correct!

;)