If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
  by GatorDude

bluedog46 wrote:maybe its off topic, but dont they have anything better to do than talk to references. I know this sounds redundent but there is a little thing called the second amendment
Is that horse dead yet? We all know what the Second Amendment says. However, we also know you need a license/permit to carry concealed on the vast majority of states.
  by bluedog46

GatorDude wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:maybe its off topic, but dont they have anything better to do than talk to references. I know this sounds redundent but there is a little thing called the second amendment
Is that horse dead yet? We all know what the Second Amendment says. However, we also know you need a license/permit to carry concealed on the vast majority of states.
yes it is, but we can agree have opinions. I am sure most dont agree with aspects of the ccdw process but i will say it is what it is.
  by GatorDude

But putting that here was completely irrelevant and inane. Start a thread on why you think the system sucks in the appropriate forum.
  by willyb1972020

Can i take th ccdw course just to take it to learn more about my gun and shooting or is it just to get ur ccdw.
  by SCUBA9097

You can take it without applying for your license. Wanting to increase your knowledge is never a bad thing.
  by willyb1972020

Good you can never stop learning and i would love to go.So when i get the money ill let you guys know and ty. :pbjtime: :pbjtime:
  by Frank

The Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club offers a complete two day course for $150.00, same price for members and non-members.
  by bluedog46

Frank wrote:The Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club offers a complete two day course for $150.00, same price for members and non-members.
That is one of the lower prices that I had heard.
  by JayAlex

Is there a required amount of time or days for a course. For example Trintac's course is two days 5 hours, if I'm not mistaken whereas First State Fire Arms Training is one day 6-8 hours.

In addition has anyone heard of or used www.Firststatefirearmstraining.com ???
  by photog

Keep in mind that anyone can offer you a "cheap quickie" course at a cheap price. Please do not base your choice on price or how few amount of hours you can complete it.

Delaware requires an NRA Basic Pistol course, as well as a CCDW class (and a minimum 100 rounds fired). These combined classes should take 10 to 12 hours. Either completed in 1 day, or two if the student prefers. Some folks cut this time way down and drop the price to give the illusion of low-cost, quality instruction. However, all they are really offering is a quick buck in their pocket and a dis-service to their students, who in turn, will not be properly educated and prepared with the necessary knowledge and information to concealed carry (or open carry) properly.

*note* I am not stating this to solicit perspective students, or to put down any other training organization.... just stating facts.....

Have a nice day!! 8-)