If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #100713  by porsche060

I have 5 References statewide (inc officers) but then the issue is they need to be in the same county. Finding 5 in Sussex (where many people are part time residents) makes things much harder.

Any advice on how to approach people? How long does someone need to know you to be a reference?
 #100741  by Dugan

porsche060 wrote:I have 5 References statewide (inc officers) but then the issue is they need to be in the same county. Finding 5 in Sussex (where many people are part time residents) makes things much harder.

Any advice on how to approach people? How long does someone need to know you to be a reference?
Ill be watching this. Ive had people volunteer to sign my CCDW paperwork, but im afraid some might have misdemeanors or other issues on their record which might affect my application.
 #100743  by NCC

porsche060 wrote:I have 5 References statewide (inc officers) but then the issue is they need to be in the same county. Finding 5 in Sussex (where many people are part time residents) makes things much harder.

Sorry, I meant to respond to this the day you posted it. There is not time limit for them to know you. Do you live in a development or an apartment complex?
 #100802  by ptlion

Yeah, I'm struggling to get 5 references too. I'm amazed at how many people I've met in New Castle county since moving here that have criminal records or are anti/semi anti.
 #100807  by Dugan

ptlion wrote:Yeah, I'm struggling to get 5 references too. I'm amazed at how many people I've met in New Castle county since moving here that have criminal records or are anti/semi anti.
PT if you need someone I have a clean slate. Let me know.

Hopefully I can get out to the next meeting, maybe ill meet ya there. Ya know then I can really say whether your crazy or not heh :troll:

Edit: You wear a kilt I forgot, the crazy is obvious.. haha jk
 #100808  by Dugan

Porsche, go to some of the meetings either downstate or upstate. Get to know some of the guys. Then it wont be as weird to ask about signatures.
 #100835  by Kuntryboy816

ptlion wrote:Yeah, I'm struggling to get 5 references too. I'm amazed at how many people I've met in New Castle county since moving here that have criminal records or are anti/semi anti.
It doesn't even phase me anymore. We run backgrounds at work and the number of people who have issues from the past (recent or not) is pretty large. While I'm not privy to what the background consists of, we are told whether they clear, are pending or are disqualified. Pending means that there's a possible disqualifer in their criminal history that needs to be addressed before a determination of eligible employment is made. It's pretty split on pend/clear to pend/fail about 60/40. Some are the nicest people you'll ever meet too! Whether it was just a moment of indiscretion or just a hidden dark side that they mask but it'll follow them forever unfortunately.