Login    
   
   
    Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!


We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←


It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 am 
Offline
Founding Member

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Wilmington
License to Carry Permit Changes​
Updated 03/19/18

As of June 1st, 2018, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office will no longer process out of state Conceal Carry Permits. If you currently possess a Lancaster County Conceal Carry Permit and you are not a resident of Lancaster County, PA, your permit will no longer be valid upon expiration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 am
Posts: 495
last year they stopped same day (hour, well mine was about 25 minute) issuance.

now stopping to out of state.

i wonder if there's a new sheriff in town? any word on other counties?

looks like they are getting out of the business of non-resident issuance, or trying to reduce it a lot!

it also seems that they do not honor non-resident permits from the states known for being common among travelers. ut fl az. (delaware recently showed up as honoring az, for us non-residents)

from the bucks county site:
Quote:
BUCK’S COUNTY ONLY ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS FOR NON-RESIDENTS THAT LIVE IN A STATE THAT HAS RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS WITH PENNSYLVANIA AND HAVE A CARRY PERMIT WITH NO RESTRICTIONS FROM THE STATE THAT THEY RESIDE IN.


york county didn't look as bad. they do not mail permits, if/when approved. for those folks much further than delaware have a long commute to pick up.

radnor wrote:
License to Carry Permit Changes​
Updated 03/19/18

As of June 1st, 2018, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office will no longer process out of state Conceal Carry Permits. If you currently possess a Lancaster County Conceal Carry Permit and you are not a resident of Lancaster County, PA, your permit will no longer be valid upon expiration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
Founding Member

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Wilmington
My current LTCF (expires this year) I went to the Reading Airport Berks Co. Mine was a little longer that 25 minutes as I had 2 people in front of me. I plan on going back to Berks Co in a month or so.

Media will take up to the allowed 45 days for the approval. Two trips.


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:02 pm
Posts: 4118
Location: Pencader Hundred
radnor wrote:
License to Carry Permit Changes​
Updated 03/19/18

As of June 1st, 2018, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office will no longer process out of state Conceal Carry Permits. If you currently possess a Lancaster County Conceal Carry Permit and you are not a resident of Lancaster County, PA, your permit will no longer be valid upon expiration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

How does that comport with PA State law?

_________________
-Boots
Have Gun—Will Travel

Si vis pacem, para bellum


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 2120
Location: Newark, DE
radnor wrote:
License to Carry Permit Changes​
Updated 03/19/18

As of June 1st, 2018, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office will no longer process out of state Conceal Carry Permits. If you currently possess a Lancaster County Conceal Carry Permit and you are not a resident of Lancaster County, PA, your permit will no longer be valid upon expiration. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.


So I guess I’m renewing mine in May.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Amy
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor--Basic Pistol, Refuse to be a Victim
Justice Firearms Training
DECCDW PALTCF DESO

Tea, glorious tea!
http://blackthornhoodooblends.com/


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 2:00 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Felton
Boots wrote:
How does that comport with PA State law?


Strangely, each Pa county has their own way of dealing with Pa state law. Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20. Looks like some counties are refusing to follow the state policy.
The non resident CCW is valid state wide no matter what county issues it.
I just got my renewal at Lancaster County Courthouse on 3/15 and there were no signs stating that they weren't renewing folks. I bet it's just too much on their staff.


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm
Posts: 220
Jonnybow wrote:
Boots wrote:
How does that comport with PA State law?


Strangely, each Pa county has their own way of dealing with Pa state law. Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20. Looks like some counties are refusing to follow the state policy.
The non resident CCW is valid state wide no matter what county issues it.
I just got my renewal at Lancaster County Courthouse on 3/15 and there were no signs stating that they weren't renewing folks. I bet it's just too much on their staff.

In my opinion, the staffing problem could be remedied by just doing everything through the mail — like Centre County used to do. That way, stuff could be done during the slower periods of the day. Alternatively, if they have that many, hire two people at $10 an hour to sit there and crank them out a couple of nights a week.

This is a lost opportunity for revenue, just like the boondoggle over on Route 9. Also, another instance of them “fixing” something that was never broken.

_________________
The Revolution starts in your heart...


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:02 pm
Posts: 4118
Location: Pencader Hundred
Jonnybow wrote:
Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20.
There is no reciprocity between PA and DE because they do not honor each others permit/license.

However, it is possible to get a PA non-resident LTCF if you have a license/permit from your home state, but that is not 'reciprocity'.

Some words have a legal meaning and 'reciprocity' is one of them, so be careful how you use it. Our goal is staying out of legal trouble in the tangled web of state gun laws, so expecting reciprocity while outside your home state when there is none can get someone in deep trouble.

_________________
-Boots
Have Gun—Will Travel

Si vis pacem, para bellum


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Newark DE
Boots wrote:
Jonnybow wrote:
Pa has reciprocity with De so a De resident can get a Pa CCW without doing anything other that filling out the form and paying $20.
There is no reciprocity between PA and DE because they do not honor each others permit/license.

However, it is possible to get a PA non-resident LTCF if you have a license/permit from your home state, but that is not 'reciprocity'.

Some words have a legal meaning and 'reciprocity' is one of them, so be careful how you use it. Our goal is staying out of legal trouble in the tangled web of state gun laws, so expecting reciprocity while outside your home state when there is none can get someone in deep trouble.


Yeah, don't be this person! :shock: :o :|
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/20 ... to_us.html

_________________
Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!


 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: PA LTCF question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm
Posts: 220
Kuntryboy816 wrote:


Yeah, sometimes it is easy to forget that not everyone is really up-to-speed on these things. For most people, it’s just common knowledge that Jersey is, well — Hell. I guess that it’s possible to not know everything about your neighbors, though.

Delaware has continued to be a unicorn in the northeast. Few bans, no mag or ammo restrictions, go wherever you want — basically, just strap it on and go about your business. They’re are trying hard to end that, though.

_________________
The Revolution starts in your heart...


 Profile  


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


phpBB skin developed by: John Olson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group