If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #66738  by donlyle28

bmel17 wrote:weekends count as just as much as weekdays! so you are good to go
cool! 8-)

Oh and troop 2 down in route 40. I called them yesterday (Friday) and asked them about walk-in's. They said only Dover accepts walk-in. So I had to reschedule my finger printing this 31st, 'coz they still can't schedule dates for June. hopefully I get called by news journal by next week to pick up my affidavit, can't wait to start the process.. lol :D
 #66782  by donlyle28

Got a call from news journal today, my affidavit is ready! :) can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! :)
 #66790  by Boots

donlyle28 wrote:Got a call from news journal today, my affidavit is ready! :) can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! :)
Mine was mailed to me... did they stop doing that?
 #66792  by photog

You can get it either way.... it's simply much faster to go and pick it up....
 #66796  by Boots

photog wrote:You can get it either way.... it's simply much faster to go and pick it up....
Faster? I really don't understand your point. You can't turn in your paperwork until 10 days after your notice is posted... Plenty of time to get the affidavit by mail before you take in or mail your application. So, where is the advantage to picking it up?
 #66800  by photog

I picked up my affidavit (if I recall properly) 2 days after the ad ran... and that is faster than waiting on the News Urinal to get it ready to go through their mailroom, to the Post Office, through their process and pray it doesn't get lost or delayed, and then out for delivery.... this is of course if you are within the vicinity of the News Urinal offices. The advantage is that, since duplicate copies have to be made of all documents, you do not have to wait for the mailman...and by the end of the 10 day wait, your paperwork can be submitted.
 #66802  by donlyle28

For me, I just want to grab hold of it as soon as possible so that I can get things lined up and by the time to send it, I got everything. And basically knowing that it is with me and not wondering where and when it would arrive... Just for peace of mind. ;)
 #66804  by donlyle28

photog wrote:I picked up my affidavit (if I recall properly) 2 days after the ad ran... and that is faster than waiting on the News Urinal to get it ready to go through their mailroom, to the Post Office, through their process and pray it doesn't get lost or delayed, and then out for delivery.... this is of course if you are within the vicinity of the News Urinal offices. The advantage is that, since duplicate copies have to be made of all documents, you do not have to wait for the mailman...and by the end of the 10 day wait, your paperwork can be submitted.
Went there Friday noon, got a call today around 2pm. :)
 #66806  by photog

Exactly my point!!! ;) ;) ;)

Well done Sir!!!
 #66811  by Boots

photog wrote:...and by the end of the 10 day wait, your paperwork can be submitted.
That's a lot of words to say there is no advantage to picking it up yourself! :lol:

I have a flatbed scanner, so I made all my own copies. After receiving my affidavit in the mail I still had about 5 days to wait before I could send my application.

Anyway, if making the extra effort to pick it up yourself makes you feel better, then fine. But as to there being an advantage over receiving it by mail, I don't see it. ;)

To each their own... :D