If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #85991  by Amy Blackthorn

Filed Feb 20th.
Judge signed the application April 23rd.
Got The Call April 30th, 11 am. Dropped off my Class 'proof' 4 pm.

Still waiting to see the magic envelope in the mailbox.

Is there any 'normal' length of wait once they sign it? I've been patient (or a lose second) for almost a month.

We were hoping that Matt was approved at the same time (goes with the Batch theory) but he got a call from the AG's office with a question. Luckily it turned out to be nothing but that means his app is still ongoing.

I've been telling myself for a month "The minute you stop thinking about it, it shows up" but anxious to have it in my hot little hands. :D
 #85993  by sanman9781

three months wouldn't be too bad from what I've seen and heard (some people have taken almost six, no?)...I'm about to start the process myself...should be interesting... :|
 #85994  by SR9

Most people in NC County I've heard from , say 3-6 months wait time there.
No need to get "antsie" yet. I don't believe they do much until they get the course certificate and all paper work. It is beyond me why people apply before they take the required course and get all of their paper work together. If you think you may not get approved and hold up on spending money on the course, it might tell them you need to be looked at closer.

I live in Kent County and I got all my paperwork, background, ads, course, prints and reference letters with people I had known for 5-20 years, together and submitted. I got my DECCW in the mail 1 day short of 8, weeks.

NC County is slow as molasses in February. A person could sell their house up there, move to Kent or Sussex, apply and have their permit, if they know 5 people down here, faster than waiting in NCC.

I just think the liberal lefties in NCC don't really want to issue permits anyhow.
 #85995  by brich2929

Anybody else think its funny that to get a CCDW you have to know 5 people in your County of residence (out of county residents don't help) yet any shmoe can come in and testify AGAINST gun control from out of state and get an audience WITH the Governor when the bill is signed?
 #85996  by sanman9781

brich2929 wrote:Anybody else think its funny that to get a CCDW you have to know 5 people in your County of residence (out of county residents don't help) yet any shmoe can come in and testify AGAINST gun control from out of state and get an audience WITH the Governor when the bill is signed?
good point... :applause:
 #85999  by Taurus247

Iv been told by someone who lives in NCC and has received her permit that when she was waiting she called for an update and they told her that they only look at permits in the "off time". When they have completed all that they need to that day and have some extra time that's when they pull out the applications and look at them.
 #86013  by steve

Amy,

They told me on May 2 it would be here in 2 weeks. Now 3 weeks later still waiting. I bet we are in the same batch.
 #86035  by cslade454

CCDW permits expire on May 31. They try to get all the renewals done first/by 5-31. NCC offen fails at this. I don't think they will process yours until they get all the renewals done first.
 #86058  by Amy Blackthorn

cslade454 wrote:CCDW permits expire on May 31. They try to get all the renewals done first/by 5-31. NCC offen fails at this. I don't think they will process yours until they get all the renewals done first.
Thanks CSlade.

Yeah, they told me "two weeks" on April 30.
 #86123  by steve

Amy,

Mine showed up today so hopefully I was right and yours is in the same batch. Filed on 1/14 so it was 4 months 10 days.