If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #86430  by Trapper

Thought I would give my experience with Berks County on Friday (5/31).
Well I called and talked to the Deputy Sheriff, to make sure I had everything in order. He asked if I had my Delaware CCW permit. He also asked if I frequent Berks County, I stated yes. I then asked why it mattered, he stated that persons should apply in the county they spend the most time in. I then asked about parking at the Reading sheriff's office. He told me that it would be best to go to the Reading Airport Substation (Parking is free).

Address is:
2501 Bernville Rd.
Reading, Pa 19601
The hours for Reading airport substation are 10:00-6:00 (M-F).

I arrived at about 11:00 after having some difficulty with my GPS directions (sent me to an industrial park). I went in and gave him my application, a copy of my Delaware CCW permit, $20, and my drivers license. He told me it might take a few minutes since I'm not a resident. About 5 minutes later he called my name, he told me that his system had trouble connecting with Delaware (that is how my luck goes). He told me it could take a few hours, then told me that he didn't want to hold me up and everything looked to be in order. So, he took my picture and I signed my name, he then said he would mail my permit to my house.

I will let you fine folks know when it arrives...
 #86473  by radnor

Will try there Wed or Thr this week. My Centre Co. expires in about 2 weeks.
 #86623  by pick_six

It does make you wonder what Delaware is doing. If they can process an out of state person and get it to you in such a short time.