If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #86701  by Bulldog021

Submitted paperwork with completed safety course certificate in Kent County on May 3rd. This was after a slight delay due to a change in the term "day" meaning you now have to wait 10 business days instead of real days from your ad running. Was told eight weeks was their average so I hunkered down for the long wait.

Well fast forward 4 weeks, now 5 weeks still not a peep so I gave then a call. Lady was very nice but indicated may be up to 90 days now from the original 60 mark. Talk about depressing :-( the worst was I am seeing people at 30 days right up to 90 days so does not appear to be a traceable pattern.

Starting week 6 today so lets see what it brings
 #86704  by fieldman

I took the class with a friend of mine and some acquaintances. My friend submitted his paperwork in Kent w/o the certificate about a week before the class mid Feb. He got his approval letter within 4 weeks. He hand delivered his course certificate and within a week or so his permit showed up. I submitted all my stuff together Mar 15th and it took a week short of 3mos. The wait isn't so bad until the time passes where you would think you should have heard something. Then checking the mail everyday is a letdown, until the magic moment. Seemed like mine took forever. With such a varying time difference in just a few weeks difference in submission date, it's hard to tell when it will show up. Good luck!
 #86708  by pick_six

I am out west, and our state has a 120 day turnaround.

I am just trying to not think too much about it. Just bought a new 22. If I had my ccw now, or waited, it would have saved $25. Oh well

About 30 days or so left.
 #86853  by Bulldog021

Well half way through week 6 and not a peep. Starting to get pissed every time I check the mail.
 #86877  by fieldman

Hang in there. I know how you feel. The worst is Saturdays mail cause you know you have to wait til Monday to check it again.
 #86955  by Bulldog021

Today marks the start of week 7 and I am losing my mind. No news at all no calls or letters just silence. Checked with my references and nothing. Guess I will just keep checking and staying pissed until that wonderful day
 #86962  by steve

After it finally shows up and it feels weird not to be waiting for something in the mail order a Crossbreed holster and you can begin another long wait.
 #86968  by Bulldog021

I went with Raven Concealment only a 16 week wait there.
 #87137  by Bulldog021

Week 8 starts Friday, I know it's normal wait time however still losing my mind lol