If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #91122  by brich2929

Carried for the first time in a LONG time today, courtesy of my CCDW and LTCF.

Drove to Sunday School at church in PA in the morning, got the kids out and was on the way in with the family when I realized I did not have my wallet--no driver's license and even worse, no permits on me. Wife said to drive back home and get them. Mind you its a 15 minute drive but i was taking no chances. I made it back home and returned to church with about 10 minutes left until the morning service started. Then we went back to our house and made it a few blocks down the street where another church (in my own neighborhood) was having a pig roast/church picnic. Not an eyelash was batted, no mentions of any kind. I had to keep reminding myself that nobody except my wife knew I was armed. I kept expecting someone to ask if I was a cop...

The holster i was wearing was a Crossbreed IWB and it actually was pretty comfortable. I didn't feel the least bit of discomfort even as i sat down to drive.
All in all, First experience was great. I know its a lifestyle and i look forward to being more comfortable each outing. I'm even thinking of wearing at home at all times.
:pbjtime:
 #92928  by brich2929

I've been more and more comfortable CC'ing.

Sometimes I get lazy and try to justify going out without it, but I always think "what if today is the day I need it?"

The thing that cramps me most is that I work in a facility that doesn't allow weapons on the property and I work shift work, so barring getting a lock box for the car AND parking off-proprty I'm still unprotected when traveling which sucks because I come home at 4:30 am when I am on nights and I'm in the city.
 #92929  by laxplayer2

I have the same issue, I got a console vault for my truck, best investment I've made. Get the combo version , the keyed version doesn't release the key unless it's locked, so it wont stay unlocked unless the key is inserted. Not the most tactical if you are driving n suddenly need your firearm from the vault.