If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #87873  by Amy Blackthorn

I got selected for jury duty once when I first registered to vote in DE ten ears ago. Not since. I'm a CrJ student with family in Law Enforcement so they'd probably never pick me.
 #89765  by brich2929

Since I'm serving on a jury, and I'll be in the building tomorrow, I plan on stopping by the Prothontary on my way out to check on my status. I know its only been 7 weeks but I'm there so why not???
 #89823  by brich2929

After we were adjourned for the day, went downstairs to Prothonotary and checked on my status. The girl took my name and told me to go sit over in a seat in the corner.

The girl that came to the window said "You've only turned your paperwork in at the end of June, its going to be at least 4 months, three months at a minimum because EVERYBODY is turning all their CCDW stuff in and it just sits here for a long time, then Justice Department takes it".

She went on to basically say that I shouldn't check again till at least the end of September.
 #89837  by sanman9781

uuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhh...that sucks...I need to get mine in ASAP...sigh...
 #90802  by brich2929

So the wife and I (and 2 kids) went down to DC on Monday evening and stayed for 9/11 and just got home (today is my birthday and I have to work tomorrow AM).

We did see lots of bikers rumbling around all over, and I talked with a few and thanked them for coming down for the day--Didn't see any "Million Muslim March" activities, not even one and we looked as we walked from the Capitol up to the White House along the Mall.

It was an uneventful time, peaceful, clear and a bit warm and muggy. We stopped in at Air & Space, Arlington, National Archives to name a few. I made sure to read the 2nd Amendment right off the Bill of Rights. :P

Then to top it off, I came home tonight (my neighbor and mother-in-law) had been watching our house while we were away. In the mail pile, I saw an envelope from Prothonotary.

It was heavy with something card-like in it!!

A Happy Birthday surprise, just shy of 11 weeks (dropped off paperwork June 28th).

#90806  by spillanej

Congrats! I the bill of rights display. I think it needs to be moved into the oval office though.. with much larger print.
 #90815  by brich2929

looking at Travelling up to Lancaster County to get my PA Nonresident LTCF on Tuesday.
 #90850  by brich2929

Amy Blackthorn wrote:I loved stopping in there the other day. Great people bent over backwards to get us taken care of.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
 #90949  by brich2929

Stopped in at Lancaster County Sherrif's Office. 20 minutes and a $20 bill and I walked out with my PA LTCF.

Sweet!

Checked out 3 gun stores afterwards. Trop, Gun Dealer Online LLC and Kinsey's. Bought some ammo, no super gun deals although Kinsey's has a gorgeous NRA Commemorative M1 that someone traded. Not sure if their price was fair or not. If I had one it sure wouldn't be a safe queen. :mrgreen: