If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #87756  by TexasJay

Hey folks. Contemplating applying for my CCDW and have a few questions.

1. Do you have to be a resident for a certain amount of time before applying? I've been a DE resident for less than six months.

2. References--do you have to know your references for a minimum amount of time? Since I've been a resident less than six months, the people I know in the county have known me less than that time.

3. 19802 publication--newpaper that fulfills the 35% requirement in 19802 zip?

4. I didn't know you had to be 21 to gamble in NJ. When I was 20 I went to Atlantic city and got a summons for underage gambling (apparently equivalent of minor in possession). Since been resolved but would this being on my record get me denied? My record is spotless otherwise. Not even speeding ticket.

5. Justification--would protection of self, family and clients in a home based business work? I'm starting a home business and would like to be able to conceal while working since I'll have people I don't know coming to my residence.

Thanks
 #87765  by photog

TexasJay,

1) No time limits on residency, however, you will most likely to be asked to provide a copy of your driving record from the state you formerly lived in.

2) No. There is no time limit on your references, the longer the better though. They may not be related to you by blood or by law. Choose them carefully in relation to their background.

3) That should be the Wilmington area, you are likely stuck with the News Journal. ($73.00, contact Kristin Segner in the legal department.)

4) How old are you now? If it was more than 5 years ago, and unless you were convicted of a felony, you should be fine.

5) That justification should suffice, I would perhaps add that you are a business owner and do carry large amounts of cash, the bad economic conditions, increased crime, that sort of thing. I wrote a 2 paragraph letter and attached it to my application.....

Any further questions, just ask.

Have a nice day!
photog
 #87768  by Daveman

Yea my stepdad & mom live in Maryland and my stepdad has a permit to carry here. A rurally all 50 states and a class 3 weapons license. He does have a business here in DE and has his permit. He has to actually re-certify every two years in a lot of states he has the non-res permits. But he also lived here for about 15 yrs or so before marrying my mom and them building there ginormous house in Maryland. He also has his own private security services for high profile individuals. Not sure if anything I mentioned could help you in any way, but I try....like Smeagle
 #87769  by Daveman

*actually. Not in rurally. Auto correct crap gets on my nerves sometimes, not when it's really funny tho...lol. My bad....back to topic. ** clears throat.
 #87773  by TexasJay

Thanks photog! Wasn't a felony or a misdemeanor. He explained that it was like in the same class as a noise violation. Idk though. Supposedly it isn't on my record, but I wasn't allowed to be present when my lawyer was explaining that I'm a paramedic and any conviction could result in the loss of my job. Supposedly he and the DA made a deal so it wouldn't be on my record. But I don't trust any NJ legal official. I'm 21 now.
 #87774  by photog

TexasJay wrote:Thanks photog! Wasn't a felony or a misdemeanor. He explained that it was like in the same class as a noise violation. Idk though. Supposedly it isn't on my record, but I wasn't allowed to be present when my lawyer was explaining that I'm a paramedic and any conviction could result in the loss of my job. Supposedly he and the DA made a deal so it wouldn't be on my record. But I don't trust any NJ legal official. I'm 21 now.
You're welcome Sir,.... happy to be of assistance!

From the sounds of it, you'll be fine!