If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #88681  by Bullpup

For those applying for their CCDW, or thinking about it, I wanted to relay my experience with the process.

I open carried for about a year before saving up the money and collecting the references.

Took my required training course at Omega Firearms Training in New Castle. Cost was $225. Great course, learned a few things I didn't know.

Placed my ad in the Newark Post; they were very helpful and knew exactly what I needed. Cost was $42.

Got my fingerprinting done at State Police Troop 2 off Rt 40. First available appointment was about 2 weeks out. It was quick and easy. Cost was $69.

Got my photos taken at Walgreens; $5.

Dropped off my application in person in Wilmington on April 5th. Cost was $65.

Got my CCDW in the mail on July 23rd.

The whole thing really wasn't so difficult. It looks like a lot of time and hassle when going over all the hoops you have to jump through, but the time will go by anyway and the steps were all pretty easy. The hardest part was coming up with the cash and getting the reference questionnaires filled out.
 #88722  by fieldman

Glad to see it finally showed up. Seems long when you're still waiting, but in hindsight it doesnt seem that long. It's well worth the wait. Congrats!
 #88736  by Bullpup

Thanks! I CC'd for the first time last night; it felt strange! I think maybe I'd gotten used to the deterrent factor of having those around me know that I was armed? Still, it was nice not having to worry about ignorant people or cops hassling me. My wife said I had a smirk on my face the whole night. :)