If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #89994  by sanman9781

I'm thinking about applying for a Nevada non-resident carry permit...Has anyone here had any experience with doing this? According to usacarry.com I can apply in any county in NV since I'm a non-resident but while NV is a shall-issue state (to both res & non-res) I'm still trying to figure out if some counties are "better" than others to apply in (similar to how things are in PA)...I'm also wondering if they'll accept the training I received for my UT, FL & DE permits or would still require something in addition...I'm sure a phone call to a county sheriff can answer that last question but with my luck I'd get one that just had their cornflakes pissed in and I'd be told that they're no good hence why I'm hoping to find one that's a bit more carry-friendly...Thanks...
 #90001  by sethinde

I am considering Utah for my next one. Going for PA tomorrow. I know this is a little redundant, but I want to experience walk in/out service.
 #90002  by pick_six

IMHO, get UT or FL, EVEN THOUGH they are NOT honored in NV.

I am thinking of getting UT so I can come home (DE) and carry. I understand UT NONRESIDENT IS honored in DE, if you are out of state resident. I am not a DE resident. Actually living in NV
sanman9781 wrote:I'm thinking about applying for a Nevada non-resident carry permit...Has anyone here had any experience with doing this? According to usacarry.com I can apply in any county in NV since I'm a non-resident but while NV is a shall-issue state (to both res & non-res) I'm still trying to figure out if some counties are "better" than others to apply in (similar to how things are in PA)...I'm also wondering if they'll accept the training I received for my UT, FL & DE permits or would still require something in addition...I'm sure a phone call to a county sheriff can answer that last question but with my luck I'd get one that just had their cornflakes pissed in and I'd be told that they're no good hence why I'm hoping to find one that's a bit more carry-friendly...Thanks...
Last edited by pick_six on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #90003  by photog

You may want to double check your facts... According to the State of Nevada'a website, Florida and Utah will not cover you in Nevada.... Go to the Nevada Dept. of Public Safety home page, you will see what states they honor, I have copied and pasted it below. There is a lot of misinformation on the internet. I always go to the State's website for the most up to date and accurate information. If I am going to that State, I print out a copy from their website and carry it with me to cover myself if I get stopped by an LEO.

Hope that helps.... Have a nice day!
photog

CCW Information

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

*Effective July 1, 2013

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 (effective October 1, 2007) the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho "Enhanced" Permit*
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota "Class 1" Permit*
Ohio
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the permittee at all times while carrying a firearm.
 #90004  by sanman9781

I already have UT & FL non-resident permits but according to usacarry.com neither is acceptable in NV, possibly because they're NR...(And I still need to submit my paperwork for a DE resident permit now that I'm officially a resident)...

Nevada does not accept permits from these states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New York City, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands
 #90015  by brich2929

In tht sense, NV is more restrictive than Delaware on CC. Hmm.

:?: