If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #91172  by Pstalvey

6 months after filing I received my letter from the DOJ in the mail. They're saying that they oppose my application due to my traffic record. I have heard that a poor driving record is not grounds for denial, also that the Judge has the final day. Does anyone have experience with this or even know of anyone this has happened to? Any advice on what I should do now or what to expect next?
 #91176  by photog

For simple moving violations, that is usually not grounds for denial. If there is a DUI/DWI attached. eluding or evading police, high speed pursuit, etc. That will cause great concern if it has been in the past 5 years. I suggest, if you have not done so, get a copy of your driving record and review it. If you can, hire an attorney to represent you as you will get 1 appeal after the Judge denies your application. (The Judge will side heavily with the AG's recommendations and you will most likely be denied.)

Best of luck!!
photog
 #91252  by dave_in_delaware

I've gotten a letter just like that, only for different reasons. So I know how you feel.

My advice: what photog said (copy of record, hire a lawyer). Definitely.

Good luck!