If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #91260  by Dave in DE

My friend and I have been going to take the class and work on our ccwd but he lost his lic to a dui 10 or 12 years back. Is it worth it for him to even try?
 #91263  by Red Alert

I would say its a waste of time. Best thing would be to contact Superior Court and ask. I have bern told up to 10 years for a DUI. But then again, they may still say no. Delaware doesn't like DUI or domestic items ever on record. Plus, what else is on his record? Speeding tickets and stuff will be magnified by the DUI. Did he get his license back,? If not then its without a question that he will not get a CCW...
 #91264  by stephpd

Not sure. I had a DUI from 20 years previously and was approved.
 #91266  by Dave in DE

Red alert,
he can get it back but has not bothered. friend brings him to work and back. (we all work at same local) don't know about speeding tickets, but imagine he has some.
 #91272  by photog

Red Alert wrote: I have bern told up to 10 years for a DUI. But then again, they may still say no. Delaware doesn't like DUI or domestic items ever on record.
You are correct as to the point of Del;aware is tough on DUI/DWI and any domestic conviction. The time frame is actually 5 years... If his record has been clean since the infraction, he should be good to go. Moving violations are not a disqualifying reason. (Unless there is an additional charge, such as driving without a license, evading police, etc...)