If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #91683  by Deepn823

Ok here's my question a few years ago I had gotten tied up with a domestic violence charge that I had no part of falsely accused. Went to court the other party failed to show up and I walked out with a paper saying it was dismissed with out prejudice. I also have 1 speeding ticket and 2 faulty equipment tickets on my driving record. Do you think it's a waste of time to file for the permit. On a side not about a year ago I purchased a hand gun from a dealer and passed the check.
 #91684  by photog

First, how long was "a few years ago"? ... Second, so long as you were not convicted of the DV charge, you will be fine. You may get a call from the AG's office asking you to explain the circumstances. As for moving violations, as long as they are just speeding tickets, taillights out or something along those lines, that will have no bearing on your application. The fact that you were able to pass the NICS check should give you your answer...

If you have any additional questions, or if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to ask! Good Luck!!!
 #91690  by SasquatchAF

I would also say that if you were to get a call from the AG in regards to the DV issue and they ask a few questions or want to know what happened with it... You have a legal document from the court saying it was dismissed. Worst case scenario you may have to make a certified copy of that and send it to the AG or something along those lines so they have verification of it.
 #91698  by stephpd

If it were me making the decision you'd get it. But Beau Biden has shown a propensity for not likening the citizens of this state carrying guns. He's constantly looking for new way to take away your rights. And with all the folks applying for a CCDW he's also mentioned expanding the requirements.

So, there's only one way to find out. And that's to apply for one.

Good luck.