If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #91741  by Guard_Duck

Well, after a few years, I'm finally going after my CCDW. Just had my notice in the New Castle Weekly, was printed on 10/16.

Photos, I'll probably get this weekend.
I'm off the 28th and 29th, so a trip to Dover for prints wouldn't be bad, plus Sonic afterwards.
I have a few references so far, just waiting to hear back on a few others.

Then file and the wait begins.
 #92325  by Tony

Good Luck... But why are you going all the way to Dover for prints? They do them @ the Bear location for New Castle County...
 #92356  by MeanOperator

Sonic is also right down Rt 40 in Elkton,about 10 from DSP in Bear!
 #92359  by Guard_Duck

DeBEAAgent wrote:Sonic is also right down Rt 40 in Elkton,about 10 from DSP in Bear!
But it's in Maryland, and I personally only go into that state it I absolutely have to. Even stopped going to Elk Neck.

They need to put a Sonic above the canal, but Dover really isn't that far of a drive.
 #92360  by Guard_Duck

Tony wrote:Good Luck... But why are you going all the way to Dover for prints? They do them @ the Bear location for New Castle County...
Troop 2 you need an appointment, Dover takes walk ins.
 #92364  by bmel17

Guard_Duck wrote:
Tony wrote:Good Luck... But why are you going all the way to Dover for prints? They do them @ the Bear location for New Castle County...
no longer do you need an appt. unless they changed back within the last year or so.
 #92426  by Tony

bmel17 wrote:
Guard_Duck wrote:
no longer do you need an appt. unless they changed back within the last year or so.
I made an appointment and went yesterday, took me 10 minutes in and out... I assumed you did, the CCDW Process page here said you did and a couple other sites I read said you did.

· Fingerprinting: You must make an appointment to be fingerprinted for a background check performed by the state police. First available appointments can be several weeks from the date you call, so be sure to plan accordingly -- call ahead and check their lead time. The background check costs $69 and takes 6-8 weeks to complete; however, once you have your receipt of payment, you may file your application with the Prothonotary.
Meh, Is what it is, its done and over now...