If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #95420  by 08///M3Saloon

I'm not entirely sure what your end goal here is? I simply wanted to convey to Jeremy who if you haven't noticed is VERY new to concealed carry. I would never recommend SoB to anyone for any reason what so ever. The point I felt needed to be made is that it's murky waters. If you can carry strong side be it 12-4:30 for righties or 12-8:30 for lefties I'd say it's a good idea. If for no other reason than the safety of your spine and ability to walk. We can agree that sweeping your self on a draw is bad juju. And not knowing you from Tom in a world full of firearms instructors I don't mean my questions to be offensive I any way. I don't know your background and I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you could teach me. The fact is many,many people do not understand the level of training that is required to be successful I a real life or death situation. And even if they do, don't train enough to achieve it. As an instructor I'm sure you've seen it all from the worst to best. Some of the best firearms training I have been through hardly replicates the "hands turning to mush" stress of having a gun pointed at you.
I agree training training training is key. My only point to make was we want to stack the odds in our favor. Using sub par equipment placed in less than ideal positions when better viable options exist is not a training issue.
As for the SERPA debate I'd rather not have it with you or anyone else for that matter haha. Some love it some don't. I fall into the don't category. After carrying in one on and off duty for a number of years I have yet to make one fail/malfunction or make my draw stroke "inherently dangerous" but I have seen where in my case people with smaller hands shorter fingers press the button with the finger tip because they couldn't remove the lock with the prescribed method.
What kind I training do you offer at your facility I presume? An thanks for your input I love it when people make me question why I say what I do. Cheers
 #95423  by SCUBA9097

I had no end goal and wasn't attempting to start a debate. It was just conversation about being able to draw safely from that carry position. I'm personally not a fan of SOB carry for a whole host of reasons, some of which you have illustrated.

Absolutely no offense was taken on my end. It appears you and I have a bit of shared experience and as you know, a thick skin is required.

No need to worry about a Serpa debate from me, the one and only I had on here was more than enough for me. I feel neither love nor hate for them, I just used it as an example to illustrate my view on training.

We actually offer different training at each of our locations (Delaware and Florida). At the moment, business operations have been suspended due to the nightmare of dealing with closing my Mother and two other family member's estates. In addition, I'm doing a ton of work on the house and property which leaves me very little time, if any, for anything else.
 #95425  by 08///M3Saloon

That's what I figured,what with all tone in text being lost it's hard to convey or interpret at times. I'm glad no offense was taken, I'm here to benefit the community as a whole and what I can offer is my experience. A thick skin on the internet??? Nooo
I have had the SERPA debate one too many times it comes down to being knowledgable of what's available and what fits your needs and train train train.
Sorry to hear about the struggles life never takes a break. If ya need a hand with anything don't hesitate.
 #95445  by TexasJay

Personally I like appendix carry. When I lived in Virginia I used to conceal while I was on my private property (no CC permit needed if on private property) and it was the most comfy way to schlep my G19 in remora holster.

Some people hate appendix carry think they're gonna accidentally shoot their nads or or femoral artery. If you practice a correct draw and proper trigger discipline, it won't happen.
 #95448  by 08///M3Saloon

TexasJay wrote:Personally I like appendix carry.
+1 back when I first started CC I tried strong side behind the hip, once I discovered appendix never looked back. Unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone.
 #95456  by Kuntryboy816

08///M3Saloon wrote:
TexasJay wrote:Personally I like appendix carry.
+1 back when I first started CC I tried strong side behind the hip, once I discovered appendix never looked back. Unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone.
:lol: Yeah like me! Too much center mass. :lol:
 #95661  by Kuntryboy816

Well, I'm just a couple steps closer to having all of my requirements. I got all of my reference's done... application done... copies of certs, refs and app done in triplicate along with the originals...

I'm calling the paper today about my ad and also going to try and set up my FPs for this week.

I also talked to a buddy of mine and he said that if you go to Walgreens and ask for the photos for a Russian passport, they are close/spot-on to the size of DE req photos and they do 4 photos for the same price. This way you can send the extras to another state such as AZ.
 #95980  by Kuntryboy816

Does anyone know for sure where I can pick up a couple copies of the Newark Post? I asked Rocky when I talked to her on the phone and she didn't know. :shock: How do you not know where your publication is sold?? Well, anyways, I'm just trying not to run around to every store in Newark trying to find one. Thanks in advance.
 #95983  by Guard_Duck

They'll send you an affidavit with a copy of the notice stating date it was ran, they should snail mail it to you.
 #95984  by radnor

Guard_Duck wrote:They'll send you an affidavit with a copy of the notice stating date it was ran, they should snail mail it to you.
I made 2 copies of the affidavit. One with my copy and the second with the copy I had to file.