If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #95813  by hrdonovan

My question is in reference to the publishing of my address for my CCDW. I know it is required to be published, however my family was moved to an unknown location due to a very significant threat to myself and my family to the extent that the Attorney General's office paid to move us very quickly. Does anyone know if there is anything in place to allow me not to publish my address for this reason or am I stuck with only open carry if the AG's office insists on my address remaining confidential? Any help is appreciated. Having trouble getting answers.
 #95814  by scampbell3

I think that this is a question that can only be answered by the AG's office or a lawyer due to the circumstances.

Sorry.

Chip
 #95815  by hrdonovan

And that's where we went with the question and we can't get a straight answer. I am hoping someone else has been in this situation and can give some insight.
 #95826  by photog

HR,

I have edited your post due to the nature of the threat. We are here to help, but it is never recommended to post personal information or threats that have been made to you on any publicly accessed forum. This can come back to haunt you. This is why we use screen names here and not our real names. As to your question, to my knowledge, there is no way around the newspaper ad, as it is a requirement for applying for a CCDW..

I concur with scampbell3's assessment. I would consult an attorney, quickly. And, contact the courts or other LE agency about this threat. If a specific threat has been made, call 911 as those calls are, by law, recorded. In the meantime, you can open carry to protect yourself and your family so long as you are not a person prohibited. (convicted felon, convicted of any misdemeanor domestic charge, etc...)

Good luck Sir!
 #95855  by spillanej

I don't post much on here anymore but I did send a message to my attorney out of curiosity. The AG or his delegates define if an application is approvable. Meaning the law says you must do it.. but the AG has administrative discretion in enforcing any law.

If you have not already, take the specific details of the threat, the police and AG reports, and a statement you write about it all to a notary and have it notarized. This will by definition certify to all courts in DE that this has happened, and may smooth the process if an attorney contacts the AG office for you.
 #95888  by SCUBA9097

spillanej wrote:If you have not already, take the specific details of the threat, the police and AG reports, and a statement you write about it all to a notary and have it notarized. This will by definition certify to all courts in DE that this has happened
Slight correction, notaries do not investigate and make no determination as to the accuracy of your statement, only that you attest that your statement is true, so it won't certify that the events happened. Delaware notaries (that are not appointed to the courts) cannot notarize certain official court documents. These documents can only be notarized by the courts.

A minor difference in wording often results in major legal differences.
 #95896  by spillanej

SCUBA9097 wrote:
spillanej wrote:If you have not already, take the specific details of the threat, the police and AG reports, and a statement you write about it all to a notary and have it notarized. This will by definition certify to all courts in DE that this has happened
Slight correction, notaries do not investigate and make no determination as to the accuracy of your statement, only that you attest that your statement is true, so it won't certify that the events happened. Delaware notaries (that are not appointed to the courts) cannot notarize certain official court documents. These documents can only be notarized by the courts.

A minor difference in wording often results in major legal differences.
Prothonotary. Lol...

And yes police and AG reports say it did happen, and no the court doesn't know that already.
 #95900  by SCUBA9097

But you said... oh hell, nevermind.
 #95901  by spillanej

SCUBA9097 wrote:But you said... oh hell, nevermind.
Lol... I don't know myself. What I had said is just what my attorney said he'd tell me to do.