If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #96075  by duh19956

I'm new to the site here and I appreciate all that you're doing to protect our rights and freedoms.

My question may seem odd. Although I've been nearly a life-long resident of DE, I'm a very private person - so outside of family, I don't really have folks that I can ask to vouch for me on the required CCDW questionnaires. Anybody else run into this and/or would you have any recommendations on how to proceed?

I am interested in obtaining the CCDW permit.

I've recently purchased a Glock 19 - but traditionally, have been a rifle and shotgun type of guy!

Thanks in advance!
 #96078  by photog

Best recommendation is to start attending the monthly meetings that we have... Get to know a few like-minded people. There are a lot of good folks on this forum.

In addition, Welcome to the forum! :applause: :applause: :applause:

P.S. Love my Glock 19...... great firearm!
 #96087  by photog

Click on the "Forums" link... then "monthly gathering" link. The next meeting is in March.
 #96098  by stephpd

I got my CCDW before this site came about. So I just asked a bunch of people that I worked with. None had a problem with it. Once that occurred I also was a reference for others at work that also wanted to get a CCDW.
 #96103  by NCC

Hi Duh,

I have had my CCW for quite sometime now, the references have to come from within your County of residence, and cannot be related to you. If you go door to door in your neighborhood I am willing to bet you can find some neighbors willing to support your efforts.

I got 2 of mine from a husband and wife across the street, another 2 from a husband and wife down the street, and one from the guy next door. (His wife wanted to fill one out but he made 5.) NONE of these people carry either.

FWIW 2 U.

*this post has been edited to provide more accurate information*