If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #100787  by porsche060

So I got the references, and called up about the 35% requirement. It would be in a Gannett publication.

Does anyone have the format of what the ad should say?
 #100788  by Fishhunter911

Call the newspaper and just tell them you want to post a notice for CCW. They will take the needed info and format it the proper way for you.
 #100795  by porsche060

I tried that. The 800 rep had no clue. Said you need to email the format to them.

This is for Delaware coast or wave
 #100800  by Kuntryboy816

What's your zip? The lady from the Newark Post emailed me a fill in form and I emailed it back the same day.
 #100811  by NCC

LEGAL NOTICE
RE: DEADLY WEAPON
I, <full name>. residing at <address including ZIP Code> will make application to the judges of the superior court of the State of Delaware in and for New Castle County at Wilmington for the next term for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon, or weapons, for the protection of my person(s), or property, or both.

<full name>
<date>

From: http://www.publicnoticeads.com/DE/searc ... otices.asp
 #100908  by Boots

porsche060 wrote:I tried that. The 800 rep had no clue. Said you need to email the format to them. ....
I call B.S.

Call the proper newspaper for your zip code directly. All they need is your name and address, they take care of the proper format; they do it all the time.
 #105330  by LiftNw8

So if I call the News Journal (operated by Gannett) they will actually have a clue as to what is supposed to be in this ad.
 #105333  by LiftNw8

Amy Blackthorn wrote:Yup. They ask the pertinent info and run the ad
Cool, that is one less thing to worry about. You wouldn't happen to remember what the cost was or close to what it is.
 #107825  by josephjanes

Spoke with AG's Investigator recently. You can petition judge to exempt you from putting address in newspaper ( but you still have to run the ad). e.g. for female with Protection From Abuse (PFA) order against crazy ex-boyfriend, or any other good reason.