If you're applying for your CCDW and wish to track your progress or, if you have questions about applying for a Delaware CCDW, post here.
 #100888  by bboyer09

I want to get my CCDW license and I was told that you need to take a gun safety course. Well, I actually already had taken a gun safety course back when I was on the shooting team for Del Tech back in 2011 and I still have my card. My question is when I apply for my CCDW license will my current card that says that I had completed the training still be valid even tho its 3 years old?

Side note the teachers who trained me were awesome teachers Amy Blackthorn *cough* *cough* lol :lol:
 #100895  by Dugan

bboyer09 wrote:I want to get my CCDW license and I was told that you need to take a gun safety course. Well, I actually already had taken a gun safety course back when I was on the shooting team for Del Tech back in 2011 and I still have my card. My question is when I apply for my CCDW license will my current card that says that I had completed the training still be valid even tho its 3 years old?

Side note the teachers who trained me were awesome teachers Amy Blackthorn *cough* *cough* lol :lol:

They can write you an updated information sheet from what Ive heard saying youve taken the class.

Del tech has a shooting team?

My gf will be going there soon. Shed be glad to hear that.
 #100901  by MrCoolDale

I am not a certified instructor or a lawyer, as such I can't actually answer your question. I can, however, add that there are several instructors on these forums. Should you need to have an updated course, I'm sure you'll be able to find excellent instruction.
 #100902  by Amy Blackthorn

The CCDW course can only be less than 2 years old. Wherever you take the CCDW portion will have you reshoot to make sure you haven't gotten rusty. Matt and I are still available to teach you CCDW. ;)
 #100913  by dean

I went to Del-Tech and will be continuing my education there in the future. I had no idea they had a shooting team or I would have signed up.
 #100915  by Amy Blackthorn

Yup. Lambda Omega was the Criminal Justice fraternity. It has been disbanded starting this semester. Very sad indeed. Not to mention the fight of having school administration tell me they didn't want me to bring anything gun shaped to the school to teach gun safety. Just happy it worked out.
 #100923  by Dugan

Amy Blackthorn wrote:Yup. Lambda Omega was the Criminal Justice fraternity. It has been disbanded starting this semester. Very sad indeed. Not to mention the fight of having school administration tell me they didn't want me to bring anything gun shaped to the school to teach gun safety. Just happy it worked out.
damn my gf will be pissed haha.
 #100926  by bboyer09

Dugan wrote:
Amy Blackthorn wrote:Yup. Lambda Omega was the Criminal Justice fraternity. It has been disbanded starting this semester. Very sad indeed. Not to mention the fight of having school administration tell me they didn't want me to bring anything gun shaped to the school to teach gun safety. Just happy it worked out.
damn my gf will be pissed haha.
Yea it is a shame it really was a great club. It sounds like a plan Amy I will have to be in contact with you my next paid period to get training done by you and Matt again.