Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #569  by Wynder

So, I worked up a rough draft of a carry brochure for Delaware, drawing on PAOpenCarry.org's brochure, a lot from NRA-ILA's pamphet and my own firearm's PDF.

I'd like to hear some critique and suggestions for adding/remove/changing information provided so we can keep with us an accurate, compact reference.

http://deloc.org/deloc/docs/carrybrochure.pdf
 #570  by George

(§ 1448. Possession and purchase of deadly weapons by persons prohibited; penalties.

6) Any person who is subject to a Family Court protection from abuse order (other than an ex parte order), but only for so long as that order remains in effect or is not vacated or otherwise terminated, except that this paragraph shall not apply to a contested order issued solely upon § 1041(1)d., e., or h. of Title 10, or any combination thereof;
 #573  by Mr. Bruce

I like the pamphlet. It is to the point and very informative. Maybe you could put WHY the illegal regs are illegal in there?
 #579  by dave_in_delaware

What a piece of crap... it's horrible... it's... oh, wait... I should look at it before critiquing it, right? My bad.....

:toilet:

j/k...

Looks good. Very informative.

Although, what's w/ the food pyramid thing? Can't we use our logo? And I never heard back from the Secretary of State regarding use of the State flag....
 #580  by Wynder

It's a brochure template... so I'll have to modify that. And the Sec of State said it can be used for educational purposes, yes? Well, this is most certainly an educational brochure. :)
dave_in_delaware wrote:What a piece of crap... it's horrible... it's... oh, wait... I should look at it before critiquing it, right? My bad.....

:toilet:

j/k...

Looks good. Very informative.

Although, what's w/ the food pyramid thing? Can't we use our logo? And I never heard back from the Secretary of State regarding use of the State flag....
 #582  by myopicvisionary

Those who have ever been committed to a mental institution, sanitarium or hospital for mental disorder and do no possess a certificate of rehabilitation.
Should read: do not possess.
 #1575  by Wynder

Okay -- I've taken the given suggestions and updated the pamphlet... There's a link at the top of the forums table of contents, along with the Firearms Law PDF.
 #1886  by dave_in_delaware

I just printed and tri-folded a copy. Remember, YOU invited critique, Rob! :twisted:

A few things:

1. I would suggest changing the margins a bit so they lay out better when tri-folded. As it is, the front "cover" has a 3/4" border on the right, 5/8" borders on top/bottom, but only a 3/32" border on the left... Enlarging the borbers/margins would give it a better "centered" look when folded, plus give you a little more room for the text.

2. The inside heading text is too light in color (blue) and too thin to really read well. I believe it should be a little darker/wider in font color and size to help with readability.

3. Under "Carrying" second paragraph: it reads "... carried in a in open view..." which doesn't make sense to my brain. Should it read "carried in open view"??

4. Under "Carrying" fourth paragraph: could you put the "or agents of owners" in parantheses so it's more clear, like "As always, owners (or agents of owners) of any propert..."??

5. Under "Possession" last bullet: would putting the acronym in parentheses (PFA) be a good thing to add? That's how I know those Orders, as PFA's.

That's all I noticed. Sorry to shred your document. It IS a very awesome pamphlet, and I believe everyone should carry a bunch of them in their vehicles to pass out to anyone who approaches us and has concerns/questions.....