Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #106101  by TexasJay

How stupid can New Jersey get? Glad you asked. I have seen the unicorn. Seriously. I have seen my first (and probably last in my lifetime) New Jersey carry permit. Did you know current LEOs need a carry permit in New Jersey? Yep. I have a buddy who is a full time LEO over in the peoples republic...he happens to run a business part time. To carry in that capacity, he needed to get a carry permit for his business. I thought he would be covered under LEOSA. Nope. In Jersey if you're a cop and want to make some money on the side part time AND wish to be able to protect yourself, you must get a permit.
 #106113  by dave_in_delaware

And he probably only got the permit BECAUSE he is LEO. I'm sure that helped his cause.
 #106116  by airman1968

dave_in_delaware wrote:And he probably only got the permit BECAUSE he is LEO. I'm sure that helped his cause.
True, as a New Jermany resident the only way you get a permit is if you are retired law enforcement. With all the 8 milion of the rest of us only about 1200 permits have been issued. These permits go to connected individuals. eg.. politicians etc. no one else!!!!
 #106246  by Paul_c

Not sure what you meant when you said "he carries for his business." I transport from my home to business and vice versa and carry concealed at work. His license will let him carry all time while I theoretically could get killed in my parking lot unfortunately.