Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #106431  by montney

I looked over Chapter 11 but was unable to find anything related to rules about open carry in vehicles? What are the rules regarding that.

Thanks and Semper Gumby (always flexible).
 #106432  by GatorDude

There are no official "rules." The law requires that the firearm not be "concealed" unless you have a CCDW permit. What exactly is "concealed" in a vehicle is an open question. But note that something can be "concealed" for purposes of Title 11 and yet "in plain view" for purposes of a warrantless search. Just try and wrap your head around that....

Many say that in a holster secured on the dashboard or on the seat is generally open and not concealed.
 #106435  by Kuntryboy816

Welcome to the forum. There's a ton of info and good people willing to help ya out here.

Gator pretty much summed it all up. Legal vehicle transport is
1. Plain full view of someone outside of the vehicle (LEO is more pertinent than the woman jogging by.. @ least in the eyes of the law but I'd prefer the latter) dash and front passenger seat are the locales

2. Unloaded & cased w/ ammo stored separately out of immediate reach (trunk or back seat in the absence of a trunk.. center console/glove box are no-no's)

3. No long guns loaded "in", "on" or "against" a vehicle (DNREC regs)

USMC? I like the "Semper Gumby" :lol:
 #106744  by GatorDude

Hgresty21 wrote:I thought you could have it loaded? But in plain view
Rifles cannot be loaded in the vehicle because of DNREC regs regarding illegal hunting. Handguns can be loaded and in plain sight.