Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #106885  by myopicvisionary

In the cold weather, I OC my 1911 in a SERPA paddle holster as always. My winter coat is a Duluth Trading Whaleback coat. I pull the right side of the coat bottom up a little and it rides between me and my pistol.
 #106890  by KAndrewGoodwin

myopicvisionary wrote:In the cold weather, I OC my 1911 in a SERPA paddle holster as always. My winter coat is a Duluth Trading Whaleback coat. I pull the right side of the coat bottom up a little and it rides between me and my pistol.
OK, great! Thank you for the input. I do think a change in holsters is in order. This Astra A-90 is just a hard one to holster. It's a Sig knock-off that's made in Brazil; but, it doesn't really fit the Sig holsters well. The Kydex that I have is AWESOME for Warm Weather OC. So, it sounds like I need to call-up my Kydex guy, and talk paddle holster for Cold Weather carry...

Hoping to collect my five CCDW questionnaires from my references next week... then this will be somewhat of a moot point...
 #106897  by cmath

5.11 makes a sweet fleece jacket that's nice and warm and runs around $100 if I recall correctly. I used that when OCing in colder months. Correct layering and that on top worked great. It has the side zippers aswell. I can't remember the model name. Something along the lines of "tactical fleece jacket"
 #107016  by Odista54

Kuntryboy816 wrote:As I was curious about your question, I did a quick cursory Google search. There's a few options out there but it seems like you'll be paying top $$ for them. 5.11 Tactical had a nice 3-in-1 parka but it was ~$250.

I'll tell you what, you go and find any regular jacket that you like and I'll sex in a side zipper for $50 + materials! Seriously though, it's not a very complicated process paris cdg transfer to install a side zipper into any jacket you desire. I'm down for saving a buck so it's a no-brainer DIY job for me. My wife has a nice sewing machine so I have that option. You could probably have a local dry cleaning place do the alteration as well. You could even have just a slit added with buttons for closure. That way you can button the coat below the holster if it's a longer jacket.
A parka 3-in-1 $250, it's reasonable!