Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #106971  by pick_six

damn! that wasn't my prime reason for getting PA, but it was a nice bonus. @$20, it was cheap.

may have to consider utah... but that's a bit more expensive.

at least $20 still is good for pa and ga...
 #106973  by NCC

Effective Feb. 1, 2016.
 #107234  by Boots

In another concession, state police must be present at all gun shows to administer background checks in private sales of guns on a voluntary basis.
I like that part.

I would NOT sell a firearm to a stranger, whether at a gun show or not. However, I do want the right to sell to a relative, or to someone I know very well, without a required BG check.

An individual selling a firearm to someone he just meets at a gun show should have a way to have a background check run on the buyer before the sale is complete! Personally, I want to do my part in making sure guns are kept out of the hands of the bad guys, and I think most of my fellow citizens would agree with that.

Actually, I believe most private sales that have happened in the past at or near a gun show have been for long guns and historic and collectible firearms, ones virtually never used to commit crimes! Besides, what criminal wants to pay full-price when cheap stolen guns are so easy to get in the hood?

However, to me, having SP available to run voluntary BG checks is a welcome change.
 #107235  by pick_six

mixed emotions... i don't think it should be required, but just for my peace of mind, i may be interested. buyer could chose not to vbgc, and walk, but that's all choice at this point.
***edit: where i am, a bgc is $25. but waived if you have a ccw after some 2011 date ***

i believe that it should be free. imho, it should work like this. buyer and seller goto popo / bgc station. buyer presents id. popo hits feds bgc system, gets yes / no. if yes, they exchange money/gun. aside from a buyers id, i don't think .gov should have any other information.

any of the fees, are the equivalent of a poll tax.
Boots wrote:
In another concession, state police must be present at all gun shows to administer background checks in private sales of guns on a voluntary basis.
I like that part.

I would NOT sell a firearm to a stranger, whether at a gun show or not. However, I do want the right to sell to a relative, or to someone I know very well, without a required BG check.

An individual selling a firearm to someone he just meets at a gun show should have a way to have a background check run on the buyer before the sale is complete! Personally, I want to do my part in making sure guns are kept out of the hands of the bad guys, and I think most of my fellow citizens would agree with that.

Actually, I believe most private sales that have happened in the past at or near a gun show have been for long guns and historic and collectible firearms, ones virtually never used to commit crimes! Besides, what criminal wants to pay full-price when cheap stolen guns are so easy to get in the hood?

However, to me, having SP available to run voluntary BG checks is a welcome change.