Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111276  by dean

Are there any updates I should know about before I go carrying in lands/waters controlled by the Division of P&R? The last I heard they were contesting and trying to have carry prohibited in certain "special" areas.
 #111278  by pick_six

there was a thread that had updates. go back a little bit. maybe like mid-late march.

basically, i'll paraphrase. guns are ok where few people are. trails and parking lots.

not allowed in/near buildings, campsites or attractions. attractions are things like guarded beaches, etc.

delaware ccw give extra privs. honored out of state permits don't count on this stuff. only resident, delaware ccw.

a more recent thread from maybe mid march is around, that has the actual proposed rules linked. you can go back a bit and get them.

*** like to other thread, and other thread bumped.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11340
 #111280  by California_Exile

To follow up on this, the "emergency" regulations that were put in place after the Supreme Court decision in December were renewed on an "emergency" basis for another 60 days late last month. You can read the orders, which include the rules, here:

State Parks:
http://regulations.delaware.gov/registe ... -01-18.htm

State Forests:
http://regulations.delaware.gov/registe ... -01-18.htm

They are saying they will adopt final regulations by late June. For now, the "emergency" regs allow open carry by anyone other than a prohibited person, except in designated areas (which is going to be a lot of areas), concealed carry with a Delaware CCDW permit (but not a reciprocal out-of-state permit), or by police. Carrier must show ID on request by law enforcement.
 #111284  by Owen

Both regs have exception for carry of firearms outside of "designated" areas.

I think these are the relevant lines:

7 DE Admin. Code 9201 - Regulations Governing State Parks:
8.3.4.6 Designated areas shall include Division offices, visitor centers, nature centers, educational facilities, and maintenance shops, and shall be identified by appropriate signage.
8.3.4.9 Delaware residents holding an active current permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon may carry a firearm within areas administered by the Division, including designated areas, provided that the permit shall be produced upon request of Parks authorities.
8.3.4.10 Firearms may be carried within areas administered by the Division, outside of designated areas, by any person not prohibited by 11 Del.C. §1448.
8.3.4.12 Any person possessing a firearm shall display identification upon request, sufficient to enable a law enforcement officer to undertake a background check.

3 DE Admin. Code 402 - State Forest Regulations:
8.8.1 Designated areas shall include State Forest Offices, education centers, and lodges, and shall be identified by appropriate signage.
8.8.3 Delaware residents holding an active current permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon may carry a firearm within areas administered by the Department, including designated areas, provided that the permit shall be produced upon request of Departmental authorities.
8.8.4 Firearms may be carried within areas administered by the Department, outside of designated areas, by any person not prohibited by 11 Del.C. §1448.
8.8.6 Any person possessing a firearm shall display identification upon request, sufficient to enable a law enforcement officer to undertake a background check.
 #111287  by pick_six

That's interesting.

My Recollection was that an early draft excluded camp grounds and housing areas as well as guarded beaches.

Those things don't appear to be in the limited areas with that latest list.

Maybe they gloss over that or removed such things based on feedback. That would be interesting.