Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #107391  by Kuntryboy816

....you make the wrong decision and go unarmed!!

We took the kids up to the Linc for the circus. The wife and sister-in-law made plans for this back around Christmas. So on Saturday I did some research, found the Linc's "no weapons" policy. It says that use of the metal detectors is at their discretion for these type of events. I hemmed and hawed and debated on whether I should go armed. I've never been to the Linc so I had no idea how it was set up, what to expect, etc. I also did not want to leave it in the vehicle should I not be able to carry into the center. Worst-case scenarios kept running through my head trying to justify carrying to the event. What if the lions/tigers get loose? What if someone gets out of hand b/c (fill in the blank)? What if, what if, what if....? So based on the premise that I did not want to leave an unattended and unsecured firearm in the vehicle, I left it in the safe at home. It was a horrible feeling all day that was exacerbated by the fact that when we got into the lobby... they only had turnstiles set up. So, there I was, left with my awesome ninja skills and a pocket knife for the remainder of the day! Oh yeah, forgot to mention the potential threat from the animal rights protestors at the main gate......

Moral of the story: buy/install safe in wife's vehicle.
 #107404  by DieselTech

I get into the Linc with a Kershaw pocket knife every time I go to eagles games. I clip it behind my belt buckle on outside of my underwear. When I go to get checked I raise my shirt to show my belt buckle. You just gotta train them when you approach so when you beep they know the buckle is there.

Up until last year you used to be able to check a firearm at one of the gates. Now I just lock it up in truck and go in with a blade. It sucks but something is better than nothing.
 #107406  by Jack44

DieselTech wrote:I get into the Linc with a Kershaw pocket knife every time I go to eagles games. I clip it behind my belt buckle on outside of my underwear. When I go to get checked I raise my shirt to show my belt buckle. You just gotta train them when you approach so when you beep they know the buckle is there.

Up until last year you used to be able to check a firearm at one of the gates. Now I just lock it up in truck and go in with a blade. It sucks but something is better than nothing.
Philadelphia Code §10-820. Cutting Weapons in Public Places.

(1) Definition.

Cutting Weapon. Any knife or other cutting instrument which can be used as a weapon that has a cutting edge similar to that of a knife. No tool or instrument commonly or ordinarily used in a trade, profession or calling shall be considered a cutting weapon while actually being used in the active exercise of that trade, profession or calling.

(2) Prohibited Conduct. No person shall use or possess any cutting weapon upon the public streets or upon any public property at any time.

(3) Penalty. The penalty for violation of this section shall be a fine of not less than three hundred (300) dollars and imprisonment of not less than ninety days.