Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #107438  by David

Everyone attending?....LOL

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 - 5:12am
Fmr Congresswoman Gabby Giffords & Retired Astronaut Mark Kelly Coming to DE
By Kelli Steele
http://delaware1059.com/story/22614-fmr ... ming-to-de

Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and her husband, Retired Astronaut Captain Mark Kelly are coming to Delaware.

The couple will make an appearance at the Medical Society of Delaware in Newark on Monday, March 28 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. for an evening to benefit the Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence, Inc.

Giffords and Kelly are the co-founders of Americans for Responsible Solutions, an organization that encourages elected officials to stand up for solutions to prevent gun violence and protect responsible gun ownership.

On January 8, 2011, a mentally ill man shot then Congresswoman Giffords in the head, killed six of her constituents and wounded 12 others. On the second anniversary of that horrific shooting, Gifford and Kelly launched Americans for Responsible Solutions.

To RSVP and buy tickets to the March 28 event, log on to decagv.org/benefit.
 #107447  by Boots

They make a lot of money lobbying for unconstitutional laws in Delaware that they themselves will not have to live under. Shame on them!

As a victim of a mentally deranged shooter, I feel sorry for her. But to then turn her tragedy into a source of income and a campaign against legal and constitutional gun owners goes beyond the pale.
 #107450  by Guard_Duck

2xTony wrote:Retired? I thought he was in space right now? Lol
That's his twin brother, Scott, and he just got back to earth after a year in space.

And Gabby was in Minnesota in the last week or so, peddling the same speech. They could probably just record her once and then sell the DVD.
 #107459  by Hawkeye

Gabby wants to tell us how to control guns when her husband has been stopped twice for trying to illegally buy guns. I say get you own family straight before you try to preach to me. Mark Kelly's current occupation seems to be that of a professional husband of a shooting survivor, he can now add hypocrite to his resume.