Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #107654  by Boots

pick_six wrote:... if you've ever seen a DIAS (Drop in auto sear), they could be made by a good machinist for maybe $30, maybe even less. a few pieces of metal in the right shape, hinge, spring, and a couple of other small bits. full pocket in receiver. pretty slick little item. ....
Speaking personally, I have no need, or want, for full-auto. However, I definitely want the right to have full-auto!
 #107656  by brich2929

Good discussion, guys!

so, is anyone planning on coming to the arguments/lunch/dinner?
 #107659  by Kuntryboy816

I'm sure that they'll be held during business (state/fed/court) hours during the week. Unfortunately that will also prohibit me from attending.
 #107660  by brich2929

Kuntryboy816 wrote:I'm sure that they'll be held during business (state/fed/court) hours during the week. Unfortunately that will also prohibit me from attending.
Is that a cough I hear over the internet? :D
 #107661  by pick_six

iirc, you can goto each district's web sight and watch the hearings live.

and they are usually on the website for viewing and audio only review within a day or two.

the interesting part is some of the BS you hear the lawyers say in the hearings.

i watched one of the arguments on gun store adverts from the 9th district/cali, last month.

wow! is about all i can say. you may not have known this, but the 2a is experimental. that statement was made, and seemed to have the support of the 3 judge, 9th circuit court on the case, the plaintiff and defendant (if that's the right term)

anyway, even if you can't go to the court for a live listen, you can catch it again from the web site for district.
 #107674  by brich2929

If you're going to arguments, or you want to have lunch or dinner with Mr. Watson, and Mr. Dick Heller, let me know here in this thread!!

Oral Arguments start at 10 am at The Albert Branson Maris Courtroom, (19th Floor, U.S. Courthouse, 6th & Market Sts., Philadelphia,PA) located right near the Liberty Bell.

Following that, we may check out the Liberty Bell, Independence hall, Ben Franklin's Print Shop then grab lunch.

I believe we will retire back to the hotel afterwards for more discussion before dinner.
 #107681  by pick_six

Birch, looking forward to your post tonight.

tried to find the info online today, but didn't see it. the 9th circuit, cali, has very clear and easy links to find the hearing info. disappointed by lack of consistency, but i guess that matches district ruling.
brich2929 wrote:If you're going to arguments, or you want to have lunch or dinner with Mr. Watson, and Mr. Dick Heller, let me know here in this thread!!

Oral Arguments start at 10 am at The Albert Branson Maris Courtroom, (19th Floor, U.S. Courthouse, 6th & Market Sts., Philadelphia,PA) located right near the Liberty Bell.

Following that, we may check out the Liberty Bell, Independence hall, Ben Franklin's Print Shop then grab lunch.

I believe we will retire back to the hotel afterwards for more discussion before dinner.
 #107687  by pick_six

Haven't listened yet, but a friend found this link to today's events.

http://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/oralargume ... toetal.mp3

pick_six wrote:Birch, looking forward to your post tonight.

tried to find the info online today, but didn't see it. the 9th circuit, cali, has very clear and easy links to find the hearing info. disappointed by lack of consistency, but i guess that matches district ruling.
brich2929 wrote:If you're going to arguments, or you want to have lunch or dinner with Mr. Watson, and Mr. Dick Heller, let me know here in this thread!!

#107717  by pick_six

thanks brich! this presentation sounded a little better, from our perspective, then the philly hearing.

they did try to work in more scalia references, and to the recent stungun case where alito/thomas made a longer discussion and referenced their opinion of points related to heller.

the female judge here seemed to be on the anti side, a bit.

i sometimes wonder if these folks, the judges, even know the difference between the semi and full auto is. like, if they had 2 placed in from of them, with all the same forearm/stock/sight combos, they could tell the difference.

or even more so, shot the firearms. single vs single/burst/fa.

another thing that i get concerned with...

this hearth/home stuff. i mean... if the .gov told you to home and protest something in your living room, to exercise your right in your home ONLY, that would go over pretty bad. or that i should only be religious in my house.

they also seemed to want to avoid discussion of specific 2a matters. both the plaintiff and judges seemed to clearly state that.

i know that this is probably based on what some court decided somewhere in the past, but as a non-lawyer type, i don't agree that any of my rights are only to be exercised in my house.

as a non-lawyer, the way some of this stuff works seems odd. 1 high school business law class, and 1 basic class in college have me scratching my head.
brich2929 wrote:5th Circuit (New Orleans) Audio is now available http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/OralArgReco ... 6-2016.mp3

The judges in this circuit seemed much more welcoming to our argument. I feel pretty good about this one, as does the attorney, Mr. Stamboulieh.