Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #623  by LordJim

How do you feel about OC in what might be termed a hostile area?

I live in the city and lately things have been getting a little shady around here. For sure the kids at the end of the block are up to no good and I do believe that at least one of them is carrying. In fact, I think that one of them almost drew on me and my dog a few days ago.

I feel that OC might, in this case, provoke confrontation when perhaps CC might accomplish the same goal with less trouble from the nasty element of society that seems to have moved in.

I'm 100% for being able to defend myself and those around me. I'm not keen on starting a fight.

Thoughts?

-
Jim
 #624  by myopicvisionary

Just my thought but, miscreants usually target those that are easy pickings. If you OC and you look like a hard target, most will think twice about going up against someone who CAN shoot back AND looks confident about themselves. Am I going to stroll down crack alley? NO! Am I going to shirk from my normal areas of travel? HELL NO!
 #626  by LordJim

Fair enough - which brings me to my next question which may, in fact, be a question of law. The (of of the) Police Athletic Leagues is literally a few hundred feet from my house and literally feet from where the dog and I walk a few times a day. Does the PAL qualify as a 'place of recreation' or whatever it's referred to in the Delaware legal code as a place that's off limits for guns? I'm a bit confused by this particular piece of the law and figure that it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anyone know?

-
Jim
 #628  by Wynder

Recreation and Safe School Zone.

In order to violate this Delaware law, you must violate one of the existing statutes that prohibit deadly/dangerous weapons/instruments. So, you can't conceal without a license -- if you do in a school/recreation zone, you're violating 1442 AND the Safe Zone law.

As long as you carry lawfully, you should be good. There's still the federal law on school zones (1000' of K-12, I'm fairly certain of), so be aware of that... if you have your license, you should be exempt from that.
LordJim wrote:Fair enough - which brings me to my next question which may, in fact, be a question of law. The (of of the) Police Athletic Leagues is literally a few hundred feet from my house and literally feet from where the dog and I walk a few times a day. Does the PAL qualify as a 'place of recreation' or whatever it's referred to in the Delaware legal code as a place that's off limits for guns? I'm a bit confused by this particular piece of the law and figure that it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anyone know?

-
Jim