Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #107981  by whatevah

I'm going to attend a friends graduation hosted at the Bob Carpenter Center on Wednesday. My friend just told me not to carry because they'll be doing bag checks... anybody know if they do metal detectors or pat-downs? I'll be CC'ing.
 #107996  by astro_wanabe

I'll actually be graduating tomorrow myself. The letter we received with the graduation info and the slip in our graduation / gown packet simply state "NOTICE: The Bob Carpenter Center is now required to conduct a mandatory security check of all handbags, etc. by Public Safety Officers of all guests attending graduation. Please inform your guests."

AFAIK, any security above and beyond that is largely up to whatever the renting organization wants / is willing to pay for. I have no idea what Del Tech has planned for security beyond the bag search. You may want a plan B just in case.
 #107998  by CorBon

I was at The Bob about a month ago, for a concert. They were wanding everyone, which required me to hike back to the buggy. When I was eventually wanded, I had to wonder if it was even on -- because it didn't register any metal on me.
 #108003  by whatevah

thanks guys, and congrats to astro_wanabe! I'll try to get there somewhat early so I can park close in case I have to walk back and lock it up. I have steel insert in my center console that works nicely for security.