Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #107988  by brich2929

What a huge, steaming pile of crap!

I'm surprised that I've gotten as far as I have without turning it off, but I'm complelled to suffer through it and count all the bullshit, lies, bias and propaganda.

At the 1 h12min mark, they say that you can go to a gun show and buy a "fully automatic assault rifle" without a background check or even showing ID.

That alone should tell you all you need to know about this "hard-hitting fair and balanced journalism" filth.

Here's the description of the show from the "Network", EPIX.

The Sandy Hook massacre was considered a watershed moment in the national debate on gun violence, but the body count at the hands of these weapons has only increased. Through the lens of the victims' families, as well as pro-gun advocates, and with a narration from renowned journalist Katie Couric, we examine why our politicians have failed to act.
 #108005  by Hawkeye

They interviewed John Lott for 4 hours for this show and not one second of it made the final cut. That is all you need to know about how biased this was.
 #108044  by brich2929

News came out yesterday that Couric deceptively edited a segment filmed with 2A Supporters in Virginia (one of the only segments that showed and semblance of the "opposing view".

Is anyone surprised?
Couric can be heard in the interview asking activists from the group, “If there are no background checks for gun purchasers, how do you prevent felons or terrorists from purchasing a gun?”

The documentary then shows the activists sitting silently for nine awkward seconds, unable to provide an answer. It then cuts to the next scene. The moment can be watched here:
http://freebeacon.com/issues/audio-show ... activists/
 #108045  by pick_six

simple observation of recent events has proven that we should expect no better.
brich2929 wrote:News came out yesterday that Couric deceptively edited a segment filmed with 2A Supporters in Virginia (one of the only segments that showed and semblance of the "opposing view".

Is anyone surprised?
Couric can be heard in the interview asking activists from the group, “If there are no background checks for gun purchasers, how do you prevent felons or terrorists from purchasing a gun?”

The documentary then shows the activists sitting silently for nine awkward seconds, unable to provide an answer. It then cuts to the next scene. The moment can be watched here:
http://freebeacon.com/issues/audio-show ... activists/
 #108047  by Hawkeye

“In an official statement, Soechtig (the director) said, “my intention was to provide a pause for the viewer to have a moment to consider this important question before presenting the facts on Americans’ opinions on background checks. I never intended to make anyone look bad and I apologize if anyone felt that way.”
This response stinks to high heaven. If providing a pause was the only intent then she would have shown the groups response to the question. By inserting the silence it makes it appear as if they did not have an answer. This changes this portion significantly.

http://www.thewrap.com/katie-couric-und ... cumentary/
 #108055  by Boots

They have an agenda, the facts be damned.