Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #108104  by David

Gun Violence Prevention is Focus of New Voter Guide
By Kelli Steele
http://delaware1059.com/story/24891-gun ... oter-guide

The Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence will publish the state’s first-ever voter information guide to gun safety issues. The guide will be distributed to Delaware voters in summer 2016, in advance of the state’s September 13 primary election.

A questionnaire will give candidates for state and legislative office the opportunity to indicate
their positions on a variety of gun safety issues. Using each candidate’s responses to the questionnaire—and incumbent candidates’ previous voting history—DeCAGV will give voters
the information they need about where candidates stand on preventing gun violence. The voter guide will touch on issues currently before the Delaware General Assembly as well as
larger national issues regarding gun safety. Candidates will be given the opportunity to explain their positions on issues ranging from extending the waiting period for the completion of background checks to making persons on the federal terrorist watch list ineligible to purchase
firearms.

“The emphasis will be on commonsense measures to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people while still protecting the rights of responsible and law-abiding citizens,” said George Higgins, executive director of the group. “We believe that voters want to know where candidates stand on gun violence prevention, and we intend to provide that information before this fall’s elections.”

With more than 3,500 active supporters, the Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence is the
only statewide organization devoted exclusively to gun violence prevention and improved public
safety while at the same time respecting the Second Amendment. The non-partisan statewide
coalition of parents, teachers, clergy, grandparents, doctors, nurses, friends, gun owners, and like-minded groups and individuals is united to:

• help safeguard our citizens and communities.

• address the root causes of gun violence.

• promote sensible laws that help prevent gun violence in our homes and communities
 #108225  by josephjanes

Any time an anti-gunner uses the word 'commonsense measure' or 'commonsense law', what my brain hears is ' We want to further restrict your 2nd Amendment Rights' !!
Want to reduce gun violence? Implement the Supreme Court-approved policies of 'Stop, Question, and Frisk' in Wilmington and the rest of the state plagued by gun violence. It's NOT the legal gun owners and CCW holders who are shooting people !! (Except, of course, in self-defense).
 #108229  by Boots

Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution wrote:The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
- See more at: http://constitution.findlaw.com/amendme ... mNCqd.dpuf
 #108246  by California_Exile

So, thinking of this morning's denial of certiorari in the Delaware Strong Families v. Denn case, when do we get to see the "Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence"'s list of contributors, supporters and members? I mean, sunlight is the best disinfectant, and I for one would like to see who thinks I need to be disarmed, beyond the usual suspects.
 #108247  by pick_six

agreed... and yea, the usual suspects.

it was funny (strange) to see delaware go all Cali a few weeks back in an article linked off thegunfeed, delawareonline iirc. i forget the names, but a governor's aid running for office got into a whip-it-out-and-show-me contest with a lady legislator about who was more anti-gun in delaware. the proximity to nj and md is infecting the place.
California_Exile wrote:So, thinking of this morning's denial of certiorari in the Delaware Strong Families v. Denn case, when do we get to see the "Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence"'s list of contributors, supporters and members? I mean, sunlight is the best disinfectant, and I for one would like to see who thinks I need to be disarmed, beyond the usual suspects.