Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #108330  by whatevah

Any recommendations for a safe mover? I searched the forum but nothing popped up. I need a safe moved around 30 feet inside my home and removed from the pallet... no steps, no carpet, just a couple tight turns that I don't think I can manage by myself. Liberty safe, 735lbs, 60.5"x30"x28.5". I'm located near Prices Corner.
 #108331  by Amy Blackthorn

There's a guy who Cabela's suggests. I don't think I have his card but if you stop at the gun counter they have his business card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #108336  by soundman2345

Delaware Moving and Storage has moved our safes.
 #108338  by Kuntryboy816

Another vote for Delaware Moving & Storage. I know the owners and used to work there back in my younger days.

Why not get a couple guys to help out?
 #108339  by whatevah

I have the card for the guy in NJ that Cabelas recommends, was looking for somebody more local. Thanks for the recommendations for Delaware Moving & Storage... I'll see what they quote out.

I guess I could find a few strong friends, but by the time I rent a good dolly and pay the friends, it seems like it'd be easier to just pay a company with the right tools to do it faster and safer. An appliance dolly won't make the turn into my office, so it'll need to be shifted onto pipe rollers or something. Then deal with getting it off the pallet seems like a crushed buddy waiting to happen. There's this video, though... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IikKTLNs5XU My concern is screwing up the vinyl floor I'm putting in the office.
 #108343  by hdrules

Just my two cents. I moved my Cannon 60x40x24 not sure of the weight. First house used the cardboard it came in to maneuver it around. No stairs. The house we just moved into we used a old piece of carpet to slide it around. Also in the move a creeper from the house to the trailer. Just me and a buddy of mine. We first put it in a closet in the main bedroom the wife didn't like that. She wanted it for a office. So I moved it last weekend on the bedroom carpet myself from the closet to the opposite wall. Really not that big of a deal. I thought it would be worse then it really was. It was empty of course. I'm around if you need a hand.
 #108344  by whatevah

Thanks for the input, I'm kinda leaning back toward doing it myself (with my brother or another helper) with a bunch of PVC rollers.
 #108345  by Kuntryboy816

What about those furniture moving discs? Also I have access to moving equipment should you need to borrow it as well as some carpet squares to put down to protect the vinyl... all free of charge. 8-)
 #108350  by rosco87

I used to work for DMS back in my younger days as well.
 #108354  by CorBon

Given your description of tight turns, they probably wouldn't use any special equipment -- except for maybe some carpet pieces or something to slide on. What they will probably do is send out three or four guys (maybe less, since there aren't any steps) who will just muscle it around. If there is a bright side to that, it's that -- if anyone gets hurt, it ain't on you.

If there is an area to be truly concerned with, though, it's taking it down off of the pallet. First, there are obvious concerns over injuries. Second, though, would be concern for the glass relockers (I don't recall of Cannon uses those or not). If it has the relockers, then you need to be attentive to eliminring any jolts caused by dropping it off of the pallet.