Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Vehicle mounts with photos(question)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 pm 

It needs to be visible 360 degrees from outside the vehicle is what I've heard. That is the best way to avoid any "imperial entanglements". That said I don't think the holstered on you in a car has been tested in court.

I have two spots on my dash both retention holsters and yes velcro-ed to the dash. I use the one by the wheel the other is for the passenger. Neither have come loose.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:57 pm 

Quite frankly I cant imagine wearing a handgun at 12o'clock while seat-belted in a vehicle. Another thought is the officer is going to ask to see your license which means you will have to undo the belt. Your hand slightly goes towards that firearm....never know. I don't know about the rest, but the very few times I was pulled over my hands stayed on the steering wheel until the officer arrives at my window.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:02 pm 

NormH3 wrote:
Quite frankly I cant imagine wearing a handgun at 12o'clock while seat-belted in a vehicle. Another thought is the officer is going to ask to see your license which means you will have to undo the belt. Your hand slightly goes towards that firearm....never know. I don't know about the rest, but the very few times I was pulled over my hands stayed on the steering wheel until the officer arrives at my window.

Yep. Hands on the wheel until they ask you to provide something. If they ask, then I ask "I'm going to reach for X is that ok?" I actually carry my wallet on the left and I put my registration in my drivers door area. Right hand stays in plain sight the whole time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:15 pm 
Founding Member

http://deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25&hilit=mousepad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:16 am 

Thanks for the thoughts and pictures guys, this is the final place. Its velcroed in the pictures but is now permimamtly installed. I ordered a second of the dash piece its connected to on ebay for about 15 bucks so when I do get my ccw I can put the original back in with noholes drilled in it ect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:27 pm 

Jmastroeni wrote:
Thanks for the thoughts and pictures guys, this is the final place. Its velcroed in the pictures but is now permimamtly installed. I ordered a second of the dash piece its connected to on ebay for about 15 bucks so when I do get my ccw I can put the original back in with noholes drilled in

Nice job! :applause: