Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #108471  by Owen

It needs to be visible 360 degrees from outside the vehicle is what I've heard. That is the best way to avoid any "imperial entanglements". That said I don't think the holstered on you in a car has been tested in court.

I have two spots on my dash both retention holsters and yes velcro-ed to the dash. I use the one by the wheel the other is for the passenger. Neither have come loose.

#108474  by NormH3

Quite frankly I cant imagine wearing a handgun at 12o'clock while seat-belted in a vehicle. Another thought is the officer is going to ask to see your license which means you will have to undo the belt. Your hand slightly goes towards that firearm....never know. I don't know about the rest, but the very few times I was pulled over my hands stayed on the steering wheel until the officer arrives at my window.
 #108475  by Owen

NormH3 wrote:Quite frankly I cant imagine wearing a handgun at 12o'clock while seat-belted in a vehicle. Another thought is the officer is going to ask to see your license which means you will have to undo the belt. Your hand slightly goes towards that firearm....never know. I don't know about the rest, but the very few times I was pulled over my hands stayed on the steering wheel until the officer arrives at my window.
Yep. Hands on the wheel until they ask you to provide something. If they ask, then I ask "I'm going to reach for X is that ok?" I actually carry my wallet on the left and I put my registration in my drivers door area. Right hand stays in plain sight the whole time.
 #108719  by Jmastroeni

Thanks for the thoughts and pictures guys, this is the final place. Its velcroed in the pictures but is now permimamtly installed. I ordered a second of the dash piece its connected to on ebay for about 15 bucks so when I do get my ccw I can put the original back in with noholes drilled in it ect

#108736  by Owen

Jmastroeni wrote:Thanks for the thoughts and pictures guys, this is the final place. Its velcroed in the pictures but is now permimamtly installed. I ordered a second of the dash piece its connected to on ebay for about 15 bucks so when I do get my ccw I can put the original back in with noholes drilled in
Nice job! :applause: