Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #108650  by tjyz

Dick Heller of DC v. Heller, the 2008 US Supreme Court (which is the champion case for the 2A) will be in Delaware for a range shoot.

For more info please check out the Eventbrite page:

https://2arangeshoot.eventbrite.com

Tickets are going very fast and there are a limited amount left.

I know that Dick would be ecstatic to meet the open carry group of Delaware!

Questions or comments, feel free to contact me directly:

Tyler
302-803-7065
 #108670  by Owen

tjyz wrote:Dick Heller of DC v. Heller, the 2008 US Supreme Court (which is the champion case for the 2A) will be in Delaware for a range shoot.

For more info please check out the Eventbrite page:

https://2arangeshoot.eventbrite.com

Tickets are going very fast and there are a limited amount left.

I know that Dick would be ecstatic to meet the open carry group of Delaware!

Questions or comments, feel free to contact me directly:

Tyler
302-803-7065
Sorry, but you can't open carry at Ommelanden. They say it's state game land so you can't. I have OC'd there and they asked me to remove and put away. Now I just un-holster on the side of the road, clear and put my pistol in my range bag then go on the property. I do leave my empty holster on. :D
 #108677  by Kuntryboy816

Owen, I went to Ommelanden one time while I was OC. Here's the chain of events...

My brother and I went into the office, stood in line, got up to the counter, paid for my time, talked to a guy and his wife that I recognized outside on the porch for about 10 mins, went up to the range, checked in at the table w/ the RO, was asked what I was shooting, pointed at my hip, was given the ok on ammo and assigned a lane, shot for an hour, was packing up, holstered my empty firearm, 2nd RO stopped me and was like, "You have to place that in a case.", I explained all of the above events to him, he dismissively told me that I was a liar, I called over RO1 and he confirmed my story, RO2 called RO1 a liar, told me to case it right there (I was standing at the table, not on the line), I walked over to the line with my range bag, unholstered, locked open slide and put it in the range bag, walked back over to RO2, told him that if he wanted to follow the rules then follow all of them (like only handle firearms at the booth/line which he clearly violated by telling me to unholster behind all of the other shooters in their booths), told him rather unapologetically that he needed to pay better attention as an RO if I was there for an hour and he didn't notice the issue until I was standing there waiting for my brother to get packed up to leave, he just scoffed and walked away, as we were saying goodbye to RO1, RO2 was teaching another shooter how to use his brand new muzzleloader, shooter proceeded to fire his tamping rod down range, we immediately left!