Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #108914  by USUTI

have been doing business in the DART building in Dover Behind Winer ford for years. Arriving there this past Thursday had to turn around and did not enter due to the new sticker on the door. (no guns or weapons) it seems that the state is trying to bypass the legislature. All state buildings belong to the citizens of Delaware and the Delaware legislature has determined which of those building we as citizens can cary or not cary a gun or weapon in to. Knowing the uproar that it would cause it seems that the state under the anti-gun environment of the current administration is trying to stop you from exercising your rights nor by legislating but just putting up stickers instead of risking being called out by trying to pass anti-gun laws. wake up Delaware these people will get you your family and your friends killed. Look at who is running your state.
 #108921  by GatorDude

Here's the DART policy:

Carrying handguns on DART

DART works daily to maintain a safe system. We also know that many customers may want to exercise their right to carry a handgun while on our buses and trains. Consistent with state law, DART has long allowed the concealed carry of handguns by those with a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) on its vehicles. The law was amended in the last state legislative session and is changing January 1 to allow handgun license holders to openly carry their handgun in a shoulder or belt holster.

Holders of a valid handgun license may carry, open or concealed handguns, on DART's buses and trains, including the Trinity Railway Express, and in public areas under DART management. This change takes effect with the implementation of the new law on January 1, 2016.

Carrying on a DART vehicle
Customers can still carry a handgun when riding DART. However, if someone is carrying openly, bus or rail operators may stop the vehicle and call for DART Police. The law allows a police officer to request the license holder's driver's license or government-issued identification along with the holder's handgun license.

Customers carrying concealed handguns should experience no changes unless the handgun becomes visible. If that happens the police may be called to investigate.
-------------------------------------------------

I note the bolded language which, as all of us know, is not the law.
 #108923  by California_Exile

GatorDude wrote:Here's the DART policy:

Carrying handguns on DART

DART works daily to maintain a safe system. We also know that many customers may want to exercise their right to carry a handgun while on our buses and trains. Consistent with state law, DART has long allowed the concealed carry of handguns by those with a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) on its vehicles. The law was amended in the last state legislative session and is changing January 1 to allow handgun license holders to openly carry their handgun in a shoulder or belt holster.

Holders of a valid handgun license may carry, open or concealed handguns, on DART's buses and trains, including the Trinity Railway Express, and in public areas under DART management. This change takes effect with the implementation of the new law on January 1, 2016.

Carrying on a DART vehicle
Customers can still carry a handgun when riding DART. However, if someone is carrying openly, bus or rail operators may stop the vehicle and call for DART Police. The law allows a police officer to request the license holder's driver's license or government-issued identification along with the holder's handgun license.

Customers carrying concealed handguns should experience no changes unless the handgun becomes visible. If that happens the police may be called to investigate.
-------------------------------------------------

I note the bolded language which, as all of us know, is not the law.
This looks like the policy of the DART that runs buses in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, not the one in Delaware. Trinity Railway Express is a commuter train there (got an uncle who commutes on it). Plus reference to CHLs rather than CCDWs, recent legislative changes to allow open carry by licensees, etc.
 #108924  by astro_wanabe

What California_Exile said. I've looked all over our DART's website and have never been able to find anything one way or the other about firearms other than that "Weapons, or objects that may be viewed as weapons, are not permitted on paratransit vehicles." (Link to document) I'm also not aware of any state law that would prohibit carry in the offices or busses. I'm not even sure under what authority they are proclaiming their office to be gun free, other than property ownership. Meaning if you carried there I'm not sure if there's anything they could hit you with other than the same trespassing charge if you don't leave when asked that applies to any other business (although DART's administration is itself confusing to me, as it seems what was first called the Delaware Authority for Regional Transit is now operated / managed by the Delaware Transit Corporation, which is in turn overseen / governed by DelDOT). Anybody know any more?